portable harddisk come CF card reader

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cymro, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. cymro

    cymro Guest

    I am looking to buy a portable harddsik that includes a compact flash card
    reader to empty my camera. I am a music lover and it needs to be an MP3/WMA
    player to. Probably 40Mo +

    Could you please relate your experiences of this type of peripheral.

    - How long does it take to transfer a 512mo CF onto the hdd?

    - Is there a one touch transfer operation or do you need to manually create
    directories etc. etc

    - How long does it take to transfer 512mo from the hdd to my computer ?

    - What sort of autonomy can I expect ?

    - How long does a full recharge take?

    - Is it necessary to buy a model that displays the photos or is a display of
    the file names sufficient ?

    I am looking at Archos and Vosonic models. Any preference?

    Thanks in advance
    Steve

    cymro, Aug 3, 2004

  2. cymro

    Arthur Small Guest

    How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

    Arthur Small, Aug 3, 2004

  3. cymro

    Sabineellen Guest

    >How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

    aren't the CD burners much bigger than the HD drives?

    Sabineellen, Aug 3, 2004
  4. cymro

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Aug 3, 2004
  5. cymro

    Luke Webber Guest

    Arthur Small wrote:

    > How about a CD burner to save you images on that also plays DVD & MP3 files?

    I've got one of those. It also works as a notebook computer. <g>

    Luke

    Luke Webber, Aug 3, 2004