    I didn't have slightest idea what group to post this is in, i'm open to
    sugestions if anyone has.
    , Jun 12, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I'm looking form a boom box (aka somthing with atleast a cd player and
    > AM/FM radio) that can dobule as speakers for my laptop, any sugestions?
    >
    > thanks for the help in advance,
    >
    > dan
    >
    > p.s
    > I didn't have slightest idea what group to post this is in, i'm open to
    > sugestions if anyone has.

    Find one that has "line in" inputs. Run the speaker output of your sound
    card to the line in on the boombox.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 12, 2005

  3. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking form a boom box (aka somthing with atleast a cd player and
    > AM/FM radio) that can dobule as speakers for my laptop, any sugestions?
    >
    > thanks for the help in advance,
    >
    > dan
    >
    > p.s
    > I didn't have slightest idea what group to post this is in, i'm open to
    > sugestions if anyone has.

    You mean something like this:

    http://tinyurl.com/7wa4f

    HTH
    FML, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Scraggy Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking form a boom box (aka somthing with atleast a cd player and
    > AM/FM radio) that can dobule as speakers for my laptop, any
    > sugestions?
    >
    > thanks for the help in advance,
    >
    > dan
    >
    > p.s
    > I didn't have slightest idea what group to post this is in, i'm open
    > to sugestions if anyone has.

    Biggest speakers you can find on box AND one of these

    http://www.merconnet.com/product_info.php?products_id=426
    --
    You can listen to your PC music collection anywhere in the house.
    Scraggy, Jun 12, 2005
  5. Joel Rubin Guest

    On 11 Jun 2005 20:09:07 -0700, wrote:

    >I'm looking form a boom box (aka somthing with atleast a cd player and
    >AM/FM radio) that can dobule as speakers for my laptop, any sugestions?

    There was a point in time when CD players were mostly add ons for boom
    boxes and a lot of them had line level audio inputs for CD players.
    You might be able to find such a player, used, cheap in someplace like
    the Salvation Army thrift store.

    In any case, you want one with an audio input. This might either be
    two "RCA jacks" (left & right) or a three conductor mini (or micro)
    phone jack.
    Joel Rubin, Jun 12, 2005
  6. Joel Rubin Guest

    It occurs to me that newer boomboxes might have the input not for a
    boombox but say for something like an Ipod.
    Joel Rubin, Jun 12, 2005