    found that the drive is allocation a different letter according to the PC it
    is plugged into making the shortcuts fail.. Does anyone know of a way round
    this?
    M, Apr 8, 2007

  2. M

    Wonderer Guest

    On Apr 8, 5:20 pm, "M" <> wrote:
    > I have a U3 drive and had some problems with the software. I wiped the
    > drive to make it into a conventional flask drive and then installed some
    > portable applications on it. The idea was to have the applications in a
    > folder and to have shortcuts to them in the root of the drive. I have now
    > found that the drive is allocation a different letter according to the PC it
    > is plugged into making the shortcuts fail.. Does anyone know of a way round
    > this?

    I assume you are usin xp, in which case all you have to do is start-
    >control->panel->disk management and change the drive letter plus you

    can mount the drive to program files folder as well. I use "portable
    apps" all the time especially 7zip,firefox and thunderbird.
    Wonderer, Apr 8, 2007

  3. M

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 23:20:15 +0100, M wrote:

    > I have a U3 drive and had some problems with the software. I wiped the
    > drive to make it into a conventional flask drive and then installed some
    > portable applications on it. The idea was to have the applications in a
    > folder and to have shortcuts to them in the root of the drive. I have now
    > found that the drive is allocation a different letter according to the PC it
    > is plugged into making the shortcuts fail.. Does anyone know of a way round
    > this?

    There is but I forget right now. It's a registry edit if i recall to force
    the hardware to mount with a specific drive letter. Hope this is some
    consolation to you.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794