    Or ?

    thanks for your help
    manfred

    Manfred Steinbacher, Mar 4, 2004

  2. On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:41:46 +0100, "Manfred Steinbacher"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a network with 2 4006 and 14 3550 and 2 2950 cisco switches.
    >Now I want to allow only known mac-address access to the network. I known
    >that this switches have the feature for that but where can I found more
    >information about this topic.
    >Is it possible that I have a database with all allowed mac-addresses ?
    >Or ?

    Port Security for IOS-based switches is described at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...n_guide_chapter09186a00801cde7f.html#1038501;
    for CatOS, see
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00801a1613.html.
    If the 4006's are running CatOS you can use VMPS to set up a MAC
    address database, per
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00801a15d7.html.
    Only CatOS-based switches can act as VMPS servers, however. IOS-based
    switches can be VMPS clients, but you need at least 1 VMPS server.

    -Terry

    Terry Baranski, Mar 5, 2004