    IP and a different port?

    Thanks
    John
    essenz, Feb 16, 2009

  2. essenz

    alexd Guest

    essenz wrote:

    > Using a route-map I can redirect port 80 traffic to the external IP on
    > port 80, but I cant figure out how to redirect port 80 to an external
    > IP and a different port?

    How far have you got? What errors [if any] do you get? Any relevant snippets
    of config you can post?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:04:36 up 74 days, 21:16, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.06, 0.02
    alexd, Feb 17, 2009

  3. "essenz" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to try a service from a company called AnchorFree that
    > handles web traffic (port 80) filtering/monitoring.
    >
    > In their demo docs, they say all I have to do is redirect all outbound
    > port 80 traffic to their servers IP on port 27453.

    I thing they ment session forwarding. This means that you cannot simply
    just route your packets to their proxy server, but you need to establish a
    session (TCP) with them. So, you don't have to mess anything with your
    routing. Try to enter this proxy server with port 27453 under your proxy
    config of your web browser. If it works then use DHCP WPAD (as I remember)
    attribute to reconfigure your client's browsers.
    On the network level you can do this with some form of content routing such
    as WCCP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Cache_Communication_Protocol) if
    their proxy supports it.

    Regards,
    Igor