    Thanks

    Ayaz
    , Oct 25, 2005

  2. nazgulero Guest

    Hello Ayaz,

    your understanding of port mirroring is exactly right: you define the
    source port, port 1 in your case, and you mirror all traffic on that
    port to the monitoring port, port 24 in your case.
    The 2626 is menu-driven, check this link for the procedure to enable
    port mirroring, scroll down to section B-24:

    Monitoring and Analyzing Switch Operation

    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59906023-1004-Mgmt-App_B-Monitor_Analyze.pdf

    HTH,

    GP
    nazgulero, Oct 25, 2005

  3. Gallwapa Guest

    Ayaz,
    If you are at CLI you can type MENU
    hit 2, then 3

    highlight edit, hit enter, that will highlight "MIRROR ENABLED? NO"

    change it to yes

    then select the ports u want, hit enter, then go to save.

    from the cLI it can be done, as well
    Gallwapa, Oct 25, 2005