port forwarding

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by peter breugle, May 4, 2004.

  1. trying to use PDM on a 501 to do port forwarding.

    I can't seem to get this to work in PDM. I want to map 8080 on my
    external address to port 80 on a fixed internal address.

    The dialog in PDM seems to force me to select origin host/network from
    the inside list of defined hosts. It rejects a select of any.

    So I have
    - Origin as my defined host
    - translate on interface outside
    - select static
    - Select "interface IP"
    - select redirect port
    - origin 80 translated 8080

    - save apply etc etc etc
    - I get a warning that "the static mapping translation rule is
    overlapping with a dynamic address translation rule for
    0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(any) using global pool 1.
    - I am asked if I want to proceed and I say yes, but of course I
    shouldn't because it doesn't work.

    http://external-address:8080 should be redirected to
    http://internal_address:80 - BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

    The PDM doesn't seem to let me define ANY as the origin on the top which
    maps to a static on the bottom. This is what I would expect.

    How can I do this in the PDM? I've done this with a linksys router which
    is obviously better suited for folks like me.

    - p -

    http://externaladdress:8080 doesn't work
    peter breugle, May 4, 2004