    because IPsec does not go accoss a NAT with out port forwarding. I am
    trying to find out how to turn on port forwarding so that I can VPN to
    remote locations. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Rob, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Rob

    Igor Mamuzic Guest

    Do you use IPSec vpn that wraps traffic in UDP packets? If so, UDP packets
    will be NATed as all other UDP traffic and you'll be able to connect trough
    this router onto another VPN server. This is default option if you use Cisco
    EasyVPN and/or Cisco VPN clients. It works in my case and I also use 2800
    ISR. The only additional thing to do is to open udp ports 500 and 4500 (src
    and dst ports) in both directions (inbound and outbound), as well as esp and
    ah traffic. Of course VPN server on another end must also be accessible from
    the Internet by these udp ports.

    Best Regards,
    Igor

    Igor Mamuzic, Aug 31, 2006