port forward from DMZ to internal network...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jogdial@hotmail.com, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I've gotten myself into trouble with a network design it seems. I
    didn't realize that a system in my DMZ is going to have to talk to
    another system on a private network across a WAN...

    I have a three interfaces on my router, one for WAN one for private and
    one for DMZ. The DMZ has public addresses. There is a tunnel from my
    router to my branch office private LAN where there is an backend
    exchange server that my frontend exchange server in the DMZ needs to
    deliver mail to. I can't figure out how to route from my system in DMZ
    to this private LAN in my branch office, and to be honest probably
    don't want to do that anyway... so, thinking of just dropping the
    frontend server... what I would like to do now, is just to port forward
    port 25 from a public IP address in my DMZ to port 25 on my exchange
    server on my private LAN. I have a cisco 2621.

    I have 16 public addresses I can use in my DMZ. Is there someway, I
    can assign one of these addresses in the cisco router and make it port
    forward port 25 for that address into my internal LAN?

    I've currently migrated our network to a new ISP and this only came to
    light after doing so, I did do testing but wasn't able to do the
    multisite stuff and so now my name is mud here until I figure this one
    out. I would hugely appreciate any help anyone can give on this as
    quickly as possible.

    Thanks

    , Apr 12, 2005