    How can I figure out which program has the serial port already open?
    Can I configure another port in order to bypass the main one and if so
    how? Thanks.
    Larry, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Larry

    YourNameHere Guest

    Hi Larry,

    What piece of software are you using that gives you the error? Does that
    software have a help file that could explain the error message?

    Did you google for the error message? Google is a powerful
    troubleshooting resource.

    Also, your serial port might be misconfigured in the BIOS. I don't
    remember what, if anything, is configurable about serial ports but you
    should check there.

    -Nathan

    YourNameHere, Jun 15, 2005