    Thanks in advance for your replies

    FL

    , Dec 20, 2004

  2. wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me what Port 333 Texar Security Port is used for? What
    > security risks are there if it is open? A port scan by Shields Up!!
    > doesn't says it is open but not whether it is TCP or UDP.

    The information "Texar" only means that they once registered the port
    for their software, whatever that way - that was supposed to be a
    away of making sure that nobody else will write a software that uses
    the same port and thus interfere with your software when both are
    installed on the same system.

    > I don't know if this is relevant, but the router being used is a Dell
    > TrueMobile 1184.

    http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2003-March/001133.html suggests
    that by telneting to that port you can logon to a linux installation
    running on that device.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Too err is human. To moo, bovine

    Juergen Nieveler, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Noor Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me what Port 333 Texar Security Port is used for? What
    > security risks are there if it is open? A port scan by Shields Up!!
    > doesn't says it is open but not whether it is TCP or UDP.
    >
    > I don't know if this is relevant, but the router being used is a Dell
    > TrueMobile 1184.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your replies
    >
    > FL

    Well its a privliged port (all ports under 1024)
    try netstat -n this will give you a list of wheather its udp or tcp.

    l8r

    Noor, Jan 11, 2005