    Chris

    (P.S. I'm running WinXP SP2 with a Vigor WiFi ADSL Router, with an Xbox
    connected via a D-Link bridge.)

    Chris Burson, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Chris Burson

    Sooner Al Guest

    Well, TCP Port 1723 is used for PPTP VPN. If your not running a PPTP VPN server on your network then
    close the port. Otherwise use a *STRONG* password for users that have access to your PPTP VPN
    server...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Chris Burson

    Chris Burson Guest

    Well, since I've never used VPN (and wouldn't know how to), I'll take your
    advise and just close the port.

    Many thanks for the reply, Al,

    Chris

    "Sooner Al" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Well, TCP Port 1723 is used for PPTP VPN. If your not running a PPTP VPN
    server on your network then
    : close the port. Otherwise use a *STRONG* password for users that have
    access to your PPTP VPN
    : server...
    :
    : --