    Hi ! have been told that to install Port 1001, I must go through my
    firewall, ZoneAlarmPro5. Can anyone give me the exact details for doing
    this? Thanks Hopeless

    wh, Nov 4, 2004

  2. wh

    °Mike° Guest

    Huh? One doesn't install ports. Please read the
    following and then repost your question:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:37:27 -0600, in
    <BHuid.98451$tU4.65382@okepread06>
    wh scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2004

  3. wh

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:37:27 -0600, wh wrote:

    >Hi ! have been told that to install Port 1001, I must go through my
    >firewall, ZoneAlarmPro5. Can anyone give me the exact details for doing
    >this? Thanks Hopeless

    Are you going to keep asking this question again and again?

    Do you know you have a reply from asking earlier?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...4&as_maxd=4&as_maxm=11&as_maxy=2004&lr=&hl=en
    or a shorter version of that link http://makeashorterlink.com/?F26E313B9

    From: wh (covington13<snip>)

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2004-11-01 10:45:20 PST

    Hi ! Does anyone out there have a solution to installing Port 1001 on
    machine running ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Anti-Virus? Hopeless

    Message 3 in thread
    From: why? (fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz)
    Subject: Re: Port 1001

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2004-11-01 11:34:56 PST

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:45:16 -0600, wh wrote:

    Did you check for any replies when you asked on the 26th Oct?

    >Hi ! Does anyone out there have a solution to installing Port 1001 on a
    >machine running ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Anti-Virus? Hopeless

    You didn't mention version of Windows or SP level.

    You mean allow port 1001 through your ZA FW to run some application?

    Port 1001 is unassigned so you may want to be careful what you are
    trying to do here.

    Did you try ZoneLabs support, the help file / manual?

    If you try the Instant Support, follow the links from ZA homepage,

    Zone Labs
    Please state an issue or ask a question in the box at the bottom of this
    portal window (next to your name or "Guest:")

    (First time users)

    Guest
    allow a port

    Zone Labs
    Please provide more information.

    Zone Labs
    Found (06) items related to 'allow a port'.
    Choose from the following options or just tell me more.
    01) You want to allow popups.
    02) You want to grant or block access.
    03) You want to open or block ports.
    04) Your ZoneAlarm product allowed a virus on your computer.
    05) A scan is showing your ports are open.
    06) You have a program ask for access after you grant it.
    Enter your choice (1 through 6 out of 6) or just describe some facts.
    Browse Knowledge Tree

    Me

    why?, Nov 4, 2004
  4. wh

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly <fgrirp*> wrote:

    > Perhaps I am only pretending to be going to keep asking this question
    > again and again.

    I am sometimes only pretending to be going to keep asking that question
    again and again too.

    > Why is it important to you if I do know I have a reply from asking
    > earlier?

    *yawn* Who doesn't...

    > Thanks for contacting us.

    You're welcome.

    > What makes you so sure about that?

    What makes me so sure about that?

    > Splorf!

    Very symbolic, huh?

    > Why do you ask if I am?

    None of your fucking business.

    > Are you trying to do here?

    Why, are you?

    > Do you dream frequently?

    Do you have wet dreams?

    > What do you dream about?

    Do you have wet dreams?

    > Okay.

    If you insist. <shrug>

    > Apparently.

    You must be really busy on the weekends.

    > Ditto!

    Eat your heart out.

    > Are you sure?

    Of course not, don't be silly.

    > What makes you think I do not acknowledge them?

    You should acknowledge them.

    Fred, Nov 5, 2004