    or Regions rule on the purchase of DVD programmes.

    Thanks
    Email :

    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Biz Guest

    "Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to buy the complete series of the UK show Porridge
    > withg Ronnie Barker for use in the USA? I do not understand the Zone
    > or Regions rule on the purchase of DVD programmes.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Email :

    The region thing is a way for the studios to manage the distribution rights,
    since they many times differ from country to country, or region to region.
    The bigger issue is do you have theDVD equipment to view UK stuff. YOu will
    need a player that can play R2 disks, and you will need a tv that can play
    PAL material, because the US is NTSC and they are not compatible. SO either
    your tv needs to be multi-standard, or your DVD player needs to be able to
    convert the PAL on the fly to NTSC so your tv can understand it.

    Biz, Jul 8, 2004