    (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.

    TIA

    tinytim

    tinytim, Aug 14, 2004

  2. tinytim

    slacK_ Guest

    tinytim wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have always used Pow popup stopper by, Analogx very successfully in W98
    > se, but since
    > upgrading to XP pro, Pow popup stopper will not work. It will not recognise
    > any open browsers
    > or popup pages. I wondered if anybody with XP is using this program
    >
    > Can you tell me please if it is compatible with XP, or shall I go for
    > (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > tinytim

    Im assuming you're using IE? If you are try using a browser like
    mozilla. Comes with a good popup blocker with it.

    slacK_, Aug 14, 2004

  3. tinytim

    Scrote Guest

    slacK_ wrote:
    >> tinytim wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have always used Pow popup stopper by, Analogx very successfully
    >>> in W98 se, but since
    >>> upgrading to XP pro, Pow popup stopper will not work. It will not
    >>> recognise any open browsers
    >>> or popup pages. I wondered if anybody with XP is using this program
    >>>
    >>> Can you tell me please if it is compatible with XP, or shall I go
    >>> for (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> tinytim
    >>>

    >> Im assuming you're using IE? If you are try using a browser like
    >> mozilla. Comes with a good popup blocker with it.

    Try the google toolbar other useful stuff on it popup blocker/autofill
    etc
    http://toolbar.google.com/
    --
    Twas a woman who drove me to drink.
    I never had the courtesy to thank her.

    Scrote, Aug 14, 2004
  4. tinytim

    mAineAc Guest

    tinytim wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have always used Pow popup stopper by, Analogx very successfully in W98
    > se, but since
    > upgrading to XP pro, Pow popup stopper will not work. It will not recognise
    > any open browsers
    > or popup pages. I wondered if anybody with XP is using this program
    >
    > Can you tell me please if it is compatible with XP, or shall I go for
    > (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > tinytim

    You should use mozilla or firefox. Both are excellent browsers with
    built in pop up blocking. Internet Explorer is not secure or safe to run
    on the inernet.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Aug 14, 2004
  5. tinytim wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I have always used Pow popup stopper by, Analogx very successfully in W98
    > se, but since
    > upgrading to XP pro, Pow popup stopper will not work. It will not recognise
    > any open browsers
    > or popup pages. I wondered if anybody with XP is using this program

    > Can you tell me please if it is compatible with XP, or shall I go for
    > (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.

    Or you might stop trying to bandaid a lame horse and try Mozilla.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2004
  6. tinytim

    nota chance Guest

    Scrote wrote:

    > slacK_ wrote:

    >>>Im assuming you're using IE? If you are try using a browser like
    >>>mozilla. Comes with a good popup blocker with it.

    > Try the google toolbar other useful stuff on it popup blocker/autofill
    > etc
    > http://toolbar.google.com/

    also another good one is myie2 it looks and smeel a lot like IE but with
    a popup blocker as well. also firefox warning with firefox may not run
    say media player 10 yet. They are consistantly developing it though. It
    is one of the best ones out there and fortune 500 are loving it as well
    from what I have read about it.

    I have 4 my isp has their own in house built one, IE 6.01, firefox, and
    MYIE2. all except ie6 have popups in them.

    Their are others as well these are the ones I have been working with
    here so far.

    nota chance, Aug 15, 2004
  7. tinytim

    Vickie Guest

    Other than the previous suggestions (Mozilla, Google Toolbar, etc), I would
    recommend Popup Cop.

    Not only does it eliminate popups, but it can also eliminate all the other
    annoyances associated with commercial advertising on the web - such as
    distracting flash and gif animations, agitating sound, various pesky
    scripts, etc.

    Surfing wouldn't be tolerable without it.

    http://www.popupcop.com/

    It's not free beyond the first 30 days but you can easily find a
    registration code with a google search.

    Vickie, Aug 15, 2004
  8. tinytim

    Seanray Guest

    Auto form filling feature enable a quick registration of Email
    accounts, forum accounts or filling-out forms on the web. It
    eliminates the redundant input process by storing required data such
    as your name, your age , address , email and so on into relevant
    fields of the respective registration forms on email or forum
    accounts. Besides, it can create a general registration data to store
    these repetitive data for future use.
    Quick keys
    F7 Create a general registration data
    F8 Automatically fill out the current form

    AutoFill Browser is Powerful Web Browser and one-click web form filler
    with some serious artificial intelligence.
    What it does:
    • AutoFill passwords to login from.
    • Fill personal info into online forms.
    • All personal info is stored on your computer only.
    • Encrypt passwords and personal info.

    For Consumer
    • Shop Online Faster: AutoFill Browser fills your checkout forms.
    • Job Hunting Made Easy: AutoFill Browser fills job applications for
    you.
    • Get Freebies Faster: AutoFill Browser fills Sweepstakes Entry forms.
    • A submission utility for shareware authors. The program helps
    developers to submit their products to software archives with
    outstanding accuracy and usability.

    AutoFill Browser is FREE with some limitations.
    • It is well-behaved: NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE.
    • Works under Windows as a Web Browser based on IE.

    If you need more information, please visit our website:
    http://www.riveastking.com
    Platform and Software Requirements
    Minimum requirements
    To install AutoFill Browser, you must have one of the following
    operating systems with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
    installed on your computer, and requires that the .NET Framework 1.1
    be installed in order to run.

    http://www.riveastking.com

    Seanray, Sep 10, 2004
  9. tinytim

    tgilb Guest

    "Seanray" <> wrote in message
    | Auto form filling feature enable a quick registration of Email
    <SNIP>
    You forgot something....................REGISTRATION FEE : $ 69.12.

    Spam report id 1221545482 sent to:
    Spam report id 1221545483 sent to:

    tgilb, Sep 10, 2004
  10. tinytim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Seanray wrote:
    > Auto form filling feature enable a quick registration of Email
    > accounts, forum accounts or filling-out forms on the web. It
    > eliminates the redundant input process by storing required data such
    > as your name, your age , address , email and so on into relevant
    > fields of the respective registration forms on email or forum
    > accounts. Besides, it can create a general registration data to store
    > these repetitive data for future use.
    > Quick keys
    > F7 Create a general registration data
    > F8 Automatically fill out the current form
    >
    > AutoFill Browser is Powerful Web Browser and one-click web form filler
    > with some serious artificial intelligence.
    > What it does:
    > • AutoFill passwords to login from.
    > • Fill personal info into online forms.
    > • All personal info is stored on your computer only.
    > • Encrypt passwords and personal info.
    >
    > For Consumer
    > • Shop Online Faster: AutoFill Browser fills your checkout forms.
    > • Job Hunting Made Easy: AutoFill Browser fills job applications for
    > you.
    > • Get Freebies Faster: AutoFill Browser fills Sweepstakes Entry forms.
    > • A submission utility for shareware authors. The program helps
    > developers to submit their products to software archives with
    > outstanding accuracy and usability.
    >
    > AutoFill Browser is FREE with some limitations.
    > • It is well-behaved: NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE.
    > • Works under Windows as a Web Browser based on IE.
    >
    > If you need more information, please visit our website:
    > http://www.riveastking.com
    > Platform and Software Requirements
    > Minimum requirements
    > To install AutoFill Browser, you must have one of the following
    > operating systems with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
    > installed on your computer, and requires that the .NET Framework 1.1
    > be installed in order to run.
    >
    > http://www.riveastking.com

    If I am not mistaken, the Google tool bar will do the same thing and
    stop pop ups and a little more and it's all free.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Sep 10, 2004
  11. tinytim

    Lyndon F Guest

    Old Gringo <> stated:

    (cut)

    Spam from China

    Lyndon F, Sep 10, 2004
  12. tinytim

    Old Gringo Guest

    Lyndon F wrote:
    > Old Gringo <> stated:
    >
    > (cut)
    >
    > Spam from China
    >

    >>If I am not mistaken, the Google tool bar will do the same thing
    >>and stop pop ups and a little more and it's all free.

    Damn sorry about that I keep forgetting.. short term memory banks
    wore out. :)

    Old Gringo, Sep 10, 2004
  13. tinytim

    Lyndon F Guest

    Old Gringo <> stated:

    > Lyndon F wrote:
    >> Old Gringo <> stated:
    >>
    >> (cut)
    >>
    >> Spam from China
    >>
    >>>If I am not mistaken, the Google tool bar will do the same thing
    >>>and stop pop ups and a little more and it's all free.
    >>>

    > Damn sorry about that I keep forgetting.. short term memory banks
    > wore out. :)

    NP

    Lyndon F, Sep 10, 2004
  14. tinytim

    Alan Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > tinytim wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I have always used Pow popup stopper by, Analogx very successfully in W98
    > > se, but since
    > > upgrading to XP pro, Pow popup stopper will not work. It will not recognise
    > > any open browsers
    > > or popup pages. I wondered if anybody with XP is using this program

    > > Can you tell me please if it is compatible with XP, or shall I go for
    > > (reluctantly) another Popup stopper.

    > Or you might stop trying to bandaid a lame horse and try Mozilla.

    I have found that service pack two popup blocker is ok, and have no
    problems > with it why don’t you give sp2 a go.

    Alan, Sep 13, 2004