    follow US trends.

    --
    New MCP

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=, Jan 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Consultant Guest

    mcngp
    of course

    Consultant, Jan 9, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    kpg Guest

    New MCP <> said something like

    > # Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment
    > or what employers seem to be looking for?
    >
    > I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    > seems to follow US trends.

    Um..., the one that matches the job requirements?

    kpg, Jan 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?="
    <> say in

    > Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment or
    > what employers seem to be looking for?

    CEO certification pays the best, but it's REALLY hard to get.

    (look in the want ads and see what's there. if you want my serious 2¢,
    find out what interests you, learn it, get certified in it, find a job
    that requires it and never "work" a day in your life)

    --
    InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Elephant: Mouse built to government specs.

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Lasher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment or
    > what employers seem to be looking for?
    >
    > I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    > seems to follow US trends.

    Whatever one that Lowdes says is popular, you go with that one.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Jan 10, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=:

    > Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment or
    > what employers seem to be looking for?
    >
    > I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    > seems to follow US trends.

    Friend, from what I can tell, employers are looking for experienced, and
    knowlegeble people. Everybody and his dog Spot has some kind of 'cert'
    these days. Dam few of them actually know enough to format a hard drive,
    let alone admin a server competently.

    YMMV.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 10, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=" <> wrote in

    > Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment or
    > what employers seem to be looking for?
    >
    > I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    > seems to follow US trends.

    the cert you choose will depend on the type of garlic and the amount of
    course.

    http://www.cadburyadams.com/brands/breath_mints/certs.html

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Wayne Guest

    Best idea is to look on the job websites and see what people are asking for.
    MCSE for Microsoft, CCNA for Cisco, CCSA for Checkpoint, etc. It also
    depends where you intend working, no good trying to anticipate our market if
    we decide *not* to follow the seppos.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    Wayne, Jan 10, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Whatever one that Lowdes says is popular, you go with that one.

    anal probing's popular????

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    well. okay. i will try to be serious for one teeny second.

    you have 2 options.

    follow the "whats hot" lists of popular web sites. i read one recently.
    they were recommending VOIP certs along with the usual suspects (MCSE
    Security, CCSP e.t.c..). are they onto something? maybe. but they also
    claim that MCSA's are making > 80,000, so they are definatly "on
    something"!

    your other option, which I really recommend, is find a technology or
    product that you really enjoy working with and certify in that. be it,
    Microsoft Windows server OS, Red Hat Linux, FreeBSD (yup, they just
    started a cert program and they are insane for doing it) or Sony PSP OS
    (if they have a cert for that!). You will find you are much more
    motivated and eger to learn if you enjoy what you are doing (I always
    hated and was bored to death working with MS products.)

    mind you, i am not new in the industry and am not looking for a entry
    level job, so take the advice with a grain of salt. but just something to
    think about.

    :)

    "Wayne" <> wrote in

    > Best idea is to look on the job websites and see what people are
    > asking for. MCSE for Microsoft, CCNA for Cisco, CCSA for Checkpoint,
    > etc. It also depends where you intend working, no good trying to
    > anticipate our market if we decide *not* to follow the seppos.
    >
    > Wayne McGlinn
    > Brisbane, Oz
    >
    > "New MCP" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment
    >> or what
    >> employers seem to be looking for?
    >>
    >> I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    >> seems to
    >> follow US trends.
    >>
    >> --
    >> New MCP

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >well. okay. i will try to be serious for one teeny second.

    ROTFLMAO!!!!

    YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOO!!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I always
    >hated and was bored to death working with MS products

    openvms.com guides are better than microsoft.com

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    lowdes Guest

    Stay away from MCNGP.

    lowdes, Jan 10, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > Friend, from what I can tell, employers are looking for experienced,
    > and knowlegeble people. Everybody and his dog Spot has some kind of
    > 'cert' these days. Dam few of them actually know enough to format a
    > hard drive, let alone admin a server competently.
    >
    > YMMV.

    Format c: != administration? You lie you fusking guy!

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Dude, www.mcngp.com has pr0n!

    Briscobar, Jan 10, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> said something like

    > anal probing's popular????

    That all depends on the spincter, now doesn't it?

    kpg, Jan 10, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

    > spincter

    what, that big statue in Egypt?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I let him sleep.

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>well. okay. i will try to be serious for one teeny second.

    > ROTFLMAO!!!!
    >
    > YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOO!!!!!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    you, young man are walking a very fine line. and when i say fine, i mean
    "fine" as in "70's Farrah Fawcett fine".

    http://212.84.179.117/i/Farrah Fawcett.jpg

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    kpg Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\185375.htm (1/10/2006
    > 9:17:12 AM) # did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in
    >
    >> spincter

    > what, that big statue in Egypt?

    Yes.

    kp "I'm in denial" g

    kpg, Jan 10, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    kpg Guest

    kpg, Jan 10, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    yeah. BOOO!!! i scared you!!

    "lowdes" <> wrote in news:0WOwf.30687$Dk.19212
    @tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

    > Stay away from MCNGP.
    >
    > "Lasher" <> wrote in message
    >> "=?Utf-8?B?TmV3IE1DUA==?=" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can anyone advise me on what the most popular cert is at the moment

    or
    >>> what employers seem to be looking for?
    >>>
    >>> I would especially like to her from someone in the US as Australia
    >>> seems to follow US trends.
    >>>

    >> Whatever one that Lowdes says is popular, you go with that one.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lasher
    >> MCNGP 110010
    >> There's no place like MCNGP!