    work?
    Preferably of course free.

    Ron

    Ron, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Ron

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Ron" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I've seen a lot of stoppers on the net, does anyone know which ones
    > actually work?
    > Preferably of course free.

    Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox both come with integrated pop up stopping that
    works fantastic. Other than that, get spybot from safer-networking.org to
    clean up your spyware and you should never see a popup again.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Ron

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ron" <> wrote in

    > I've seen a lot of stoppers on the net, does anyone know which ones
    > actually work?
    > Preferably of course free.
    >
    > Ron

    I cannot tell you the last time I saw a pop-up with IE using the free Pop-
    Up Stopper. If you're running XP, then SP2 will have a pop-up stopper for
    IE when it is released. I think I'll dump Pop-Up Stopper at that time.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Ron

    VWWall Guest

    Ron wrote:

    > I've seen a lot of stoppers on the net, does anyone know which ones actually
    > work?
    > Preferably of course free.

    See previous replies for stopping pop-ups. Many sites generate extra
    content, (ads, etc), that slows down their loading. Although not true
    pop ups, Proximitron will stop these. It's a little tricky to set up,
    but it works well on too-busy sites. Otherwise, Mozilla Firefox does a
    great job.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    VWWall, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Ron

    Wizard Guest

    "POW" works great for me!

    Wizard, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Ron

    Thor Guest

    Pop-up Cop is outstanding, but it's commerical software, not free. There is
    a free trial period though. The free Google Toolbar has decent pop-up
    blocking features, just make sure to tell it not to install the advanced
    features when setting it up, or else it puts search tracking software on
    your machine. Also, if you want to try out a great new interface for
    Internet Explorer, try MyIE2. It has built-in pop-up blocking (which is very
    effective), and also has other great features like tabbed browsing, mouse
    gesture support, and a ton of other neat items. And it's free.

    Thor, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Ron

    Jerry G. Guest

    The Google tool bar includes one. It is free, there is no payload with it,
    and it works very well. Remember to turn the feature off when going on some
    sites, and doing many types of software updates. The popup blocker will
    disable some required utilities at times. It is very easy to enable, and
    disable when required. For general surfing, it is terrific!

    Do a search on Google for the google tool bar, and you will find it.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 23, 2004
  8. Ron

    Rv! Guest

    "Ron" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I've seen a lot of stoppers on the net, does anyone know which ones actually
    > work?
    > Preferably of course free.

    I swear by AIEPK.exe which is from this site...
    http://www.fadsoft.com/Another IE Popup Killer.htm

    It catches all menu-less/button-less IE windows which means
    most pop-ups, while it allows any IE's that have standard look
    an appearance. Perfect when someone Links to a New Window.
    Press CTRL to over-ride.

    Free, and darn good. It's now installed on every machine I have
    access to and to most of my friends machines.

    Rv!

    Rv!, Apr 23, 2004