  1. Rob Hope

    Rob Hope Guest

    How can you stop them!
    Rob Hope, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Rob Hope

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rob Hope said:

    > How can you stop them!

    'it 'em wiv a 'ammer
    a big 'ammer
    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Rob Hope

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Paul - xxx said:

    > Brian H¹© tried to scribble ...

    >> Rob Hope said:
    >>
    >>> How can you stop them!

    >> 'it 'em wiv a 'ammer
    >> a big 'ammer

    > A thumpin' great big 'ammer works best ... ;)

    A premanic ?
    Brian H¹©, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Rob Hope

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:37:35 +0100, Rob Hope wrote:

    >How can you stop them!

    Read this and give a bit more info
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Read this to stop spam (or at least reduce it)
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml

    Try your ISP as well
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/byServices/index.jsp

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk>
    for many previous posts and lots of suggestions on different popup
    stoppers.

    Me
    why?, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Rob Hope

    Mike0000 Guest

    If by Pop-ups you mean messenger service ads you can quickly disable these
    by visiting my site, click on the faq, and goto the last question.

    Follow the sig

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads
    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Mike0000, Aug 18, 2003
  6. Rob Hope

    Mike0000 Guest

    I believe messenger can use 135 and 445 also. Best to block ANYTHING below
    1024 at the very least.

    Mike0000, Aug 18, 2003
  7. "Mike0000" <> wrote:

    >I believe messenger can use 135 and 445 also. Best to block ANYTHING below
    >1024 at the very least.

    Really?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 19, 2003
  8. Rob Hope

    Mike0000 Guest

    Yep, ports below 1024 are usually service/server ports that should not be
    exposed to the internet. Unless youre running a webserver or something then
    you should forward/open the appropriate port in this case port 80.

    Mike0000, Aug 30, 2003