    or do anything on my pc, this started last night.I keep closeing the pages
    but up comes another one. I had 31 e-bay pop ups in less than a minute.
    Please can you help me sort out this problem. Thank you...Sally Stewart

    sally.pipedown1, Jun 28, 2003

  2. sally.pipedown1

    °Mike° Guest

    Are these Messenger pop-ups? If so:

    <canned response>

    You should install a firewall, since the messenger service uses
    ports 137-139 (NETBIOS), which should be blocked by your
    firewall.

    Right click on 'My Computer', select 'Manage' ... 'Services
    and Applications', double click 'services', double click
    'messenger' and press 'Stop' / Apply / OK.

    Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q330904

    Windows Messages
    http://www.jmu.edu/computing/security/info/winmsg.shtml

    How to stop Messenger SPAM Disable Windows Messenger Service
    http://www.auburn.edu/oit/security/messengerService.html

    How to Prevent Windows Messenger from Running on a Windows
    XP-Based Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q302089

    Disable-Remove Windows Messenger

    Firewalls:
    ------------
    Outpost

    Sygate
    http://soho.sygate.com/products/shield_ov.htm

    Zone Alarm
    http://www.zonelabs.com/

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:49:21 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bdkde0$a3p$>
    sally.pipedown1 scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003

  3. sally.pipedown1

    Gary Guest

    download adaware or similar and run it on your system, you could have a
    program like gator or worse.

    Gary, Jun 28, 2003
  4. sally.pipedown1

    Richard Guest

    > I cant get on to the internet or my hotmail e-mails. Every time i log on i
    > am inundated with pop ups from"e-bay gallery" 1 every second so i cant

    look
    > or do anything on my pc, this started last night.I keep closeing the pages
    > but up comes another one. I had 31 e-bay pop ups in less than a minute.
    > Please can you help me sort out this problem. Thank you...Sally Stewart

    Sounds like a spyware program. Load and run the latest of lavasoft's adaware
    program.
    http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/

    Before going online, run msconfig and uncheck any program that may have ebay
    or gallery in the name or description or source path. Found in the startup
    tab.
    start button>>run>>msconfig>>press enter.

    Online, putting up with the popups, press ctrl+alt+del and see what programs
    are active.
    If you see "messenger", press "end task", then press "end task" in the new
    window.
    you may have to do this several times.
    If you're not familiar with one listed, end task it and see what happens.
    The worst that could happen would be the need of a reboot.
    Once you know which program is the culprit, and you're not sure what to do,
    post back.

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003
  5. sally.pipedown1

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop5.htm#3

    Plato, Jun 28, 2003
  6. sally.pipedown1

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:49:21 +0000 (UTC), "sally.pipedown1"
    <> wrote:

    >I cant get on to the internet or my hotmail e-mails. Every time i log on i
    >am inundated with pop ups from"e-bay gallery" 1 every second so i cant look
    >or do anything on my pc, this started last night.I keep closeing the pages
    >but up comes another one. I had 31 e-bay pop ups in less than a minute.
    >Please can you help me sort out this problem. Thank you...Sally Stewart

    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    Copy & paste the below link in the Run box. (Start, Run)
    It will download Ad-Aware without the need of opening IE.
    http://tucows.tierra.net/files2/aaw6.exe

    After you install it, run it and click "Online" and get the latest updates
    for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    After you get control of IE back, get SpybotSD, run it and update it too.
    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Unk

    Unk, Jun 28, 2003
  7. stay offline and search for ebay goodies ...errr i mean baddies on your hard
    disk and give them a good kick....delete them. more help may come that way
    :)

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is

    Diabolic Preacher, Jun 28, 2003

    Download "web-washer" (free for non comercial use) at: www.webwasher.com

    Volodymyr Danishevskiy, Jun 28, 2003
  9. sally.pipedown1

    Richard Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:52:14 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Richard scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >If you're not familiar with one listed, end task it and see
    > >what happens.

    > More st00pid advice from Richard "delete it and see what happens"
    > Bullis.

    Dumbass. "End task" does not delete the file. It merely stops it from
    running.

    Richard, Jun 28, 2003
  10. sally.pipedown1

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:15:14 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:52:14 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Richard scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >If you're not familiar with one listed, end task it and see
    >> >what happens.

    >> More st00pid advice from Richard "delete it and see what happens"
    >> Bullis.
    >>

    > Dumbass. "End task" does not delete the file. It merely stops it from
    > running.

    St00pid, "delete it and see what happens" is just one appropriate
    descriptive nickname for you. "rename it and see what happens", "end task it
    and see what happens" are suitable substitutes. The point, moron, is that
    all you know is "[screw-it-up] and see what happens"- You don't know how
    things work. Let's not forget your most frequent nugget of 'advice'- "search
    for it in the registry and delete all occurences"

    --
    "Bullis....you are an absolute idiot. I am in awe at your complete lack of
    comprehension ability, and your utter ignorance."

    Jimchip, Jun 28, 2003
  11. sally.pipedown1

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:15:14 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:52:14 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Richard scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >If you're not familiar with one listed, end task it and see
    >> >what happens.

    >> More st00pid advice from Richard "delete it and see what happens"
    >> Bullis.
    >>

    >Dumbass. "End task" does not delete the file. It merely stops it from
    >running.

    True to form, you have absolutely NO idea of what I was
    referring to ... moron.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003