    --

    Coming soon Facial Recognition-SharpVision DVR's Visit http://www.seedsv.com
    Live Web Demo now at http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm Simply the best.
    pcbutts1, Jun 28, 2003

  2. pcbutts1

    trout Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Ok I am ready to try a new pop up stopper. The one I have been using
    > is EMS Free surfer which works fine but I tracked a slow boot up
    > problem the this software. So now I want to try others. Any one got a
    > good link.

    Frankly; I can't remember who I swiped this list from:
    Pow!: <http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm>
    NoAds: <http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/>
    PopupEraser: <http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm>
    Internet Organizer: <http://www.sf.yucom.be/wdprojects/>
    PopKi: <http://ranfo.com/popki.html>
    PopUpPopper: <http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp>
    KillAd: <http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc/>
    ClickOff: <http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html>
    PopUpBuster (for IE): <http://www.cableaid.com/PopUpBuster/>
    PopupBuster: <http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/>
    Window Shades: <http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php>
    AdShield: <http://www.adshield.org/>
    Web Washer:
    <http://www.webwasher.com/en/products/wwash/download_license.htm>
    PopupStopper: <http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html>
    Proxomitron: <http://www.proxomitron.org/>
    --
    "Probably Proxomitron or PopupBuster for most recommendations I've
    seen."
    trout, Jun 28, 2003

  3. On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:48:49 GMT, "trout" <>
    proffered, in : news:bdioli$t2nj6$:

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >
    >> Ok I am ready to try a new pop up stopper. The one I have been
    >> using is EMS Free surfer which works fine but I tracked a slow
    >> boot up problem the this software. So now I want to try others.
    >> Any one got a good link.

    > Frankly; I can't remember who I swiped this list from:
    > Pow!: <http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm>
    > NoAds: <http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/>
    > PopupEraser: <http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm>
    > Internet Organizer: <http://www.sf.yucom.be/wdprojects/>
    > PopKi: <http://ranfo.com/popki.html>
    > PopUpPopper: <http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp>
    > KillAd: <http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc/>
    > ClickOff: <http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html>
    > PopUpBuster (for IE): <http://www.cableaid.com/PopUpBuster/>
    > PopupBuster: <http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/>
    > Window Shades:
    > <http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php> AdShield:
    > <http://www.adshield.org/> Web Washer:
    > <http://www.webwasher.com/en/products/wwash/download_license.htm>
    > PopupStopper: <http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html>
    > Proxomitron: <http://www.proxomitron.org/>

    Great list, thanks, trout. I would just like to add two more to that
    list
    K-Meleon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/ and
    Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org

    both of these browsers now offer excellent built-in pop-up blocking and
    control.

    --
    "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
    caught and shot now."
    Max Quordlepleen, Jun 28, 2003
  4. pcbutts1

    Greg M Guest

    http://www.crazybrowser.com/

    Crazy Browser is about as troublefree a solution as any.

    (Thanks *Mike*)

    Greg M, Jun 28, 2003
  5. On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:03:25 GMT, Greg M <>
    proffered, in : news:Xns93A7D6C713B1Fxooo2@206.127.4.21:

    > Crazy Browser is about as troublefree a solution as any.

    Isn't it just another IE shell? I've never been able to understand the
    hoopla about "browsers" that aren't browsers, since they require
    Internet Exploder to work. Strictly mho, of course.

    --
    Agent - The second-best Windows newsreader.
    Max Quordlepleen, Jun 28, 2003
  6. pcbutts1

    NEMISIES Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:22:48 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    wrote:

    >Ok I am ready to try a new pop up stopper. The one I have been using is EMS
    >Free surfer which works fine but I tracked a slow boot up problem the this
    >software. So now I want to try others. Any one got a good link.

    There is Only One !! AdsGone !!

    Mail Me !
    NEMISIES, Jun 28, 2003
  7. pcbutts1

    trout Guest

    Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    <snip>

    > Great list, thanks, trout. I would just like to add two more to that
    > list
    > K-Meleon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/ and
    > Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org
    >
    > both of these browsers now offer excellent built-in pop-up blocking
    > and control.

    Very good, Max. I'll add those as a 'distinctive feature', so I
    won't have to feel bad about forgetting to record the attribute for a
    canned answer (although I've got a feeling it was probably "Unk").
    --
    "Sort of the Usenet equivalent of 'sampling'."
    trout, Jun 28, 2003
  8. "pcbutts1" <> wrote in news:sd5La.68292$Io.6389284
    @newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net:

    > Ok I am ready to try a new pop up stopper. The one I have been using is

    EMS
    > Free surfer which works fine but I tracked a slow boot up problem the

    this
    > software. So now I want to try others. Any one got a good link.

    Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
    We use and Recommend.

    FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
    PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
    Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
    AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
    Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
    PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html

    Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    popup stopper...

    AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    We use and Recommend.

    MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com

    Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    are there.

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jun 28, 2003
  9. On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:12:09 GMT, "trout" <> proffered,
    in : news:bdiq1b$tf57k$:

    > --
    > "Sort of the Usenet equivalent of 'sampling'."

    well then, I guess that's a wrap.

    --
    Good things of day begin to droop and drowse;
    While night's black Agents to their preys do rouse.
    Max Quordlepleen, Jun 28, 2003
  10. pcbutts1

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:56:37 +1200, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    <snip>
    >Great list, thanks, trout. I would just like to add two more to that
    >list
    >K-Meleon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/ and
    >Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org

    Mozilla rocks. :)

    >both of these browsers now offer excellent built-in pop-up blocking and
    >control.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jun 28, 2003
  11. pcbutts1

    Greg M Guest

    Max Quordlepleen <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:03:25 GMT, Greg M
    > <> proffered, in :
    >
    >> Crazy Browser is about as troublefree a solution as any.
    >>

    > Isn't it just another IE shell? I've never been able to
    > understand the hoopla about "browsers" that aren't browsers,
    > since they require Internet Exploder to work. Strictly mho, of
    > course.

    Yeah it is.
    Greg M, Jun 28, 2003
  12. pcbutts1

    Richard Guest

    "Greg M" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.crazybrowser.com/
    >
    > Crazy Browser is about as troublefree a solution as any.

    Nice shell program that actually kills the popups like they should.
    sites appear to load a lot quicker.
    And the graphics are a tad better for the appearance value.
    Richard, Jun 28, 2003
  13. Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:03:25 GMT, Greg M <>
    > proffered, in : news:Xns93A7D6C713B1Fxooo2@206.127.4.21:

    >> Crazy Browser is about as troublefree a solution as any.

    > Isn't it just another IE shell? I've never been able to understand the
    > hoopla about "browsers" that aren't browsers, since they require
    > Internet Exploder to work. Strictly mho, of course.

    No! It's mine, too! ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Spam: The Boulder Pledge http://snurl.com/boulder
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 28, 2003
  14. pcbutts1

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: PowerIE Popup killer (was Re: Pop ups)

    The two are obviously clashing when accessing the Graphic
    Device Interface (GDI). It's a software issue that needs
    to be taken up with the authors, IMO. Use one or the other
    in the mean time.

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:20:45 GMT, in
    <hlbLa.55690$>
    Robert Schumacher scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003
  15. Re: PowerIE Popup killer (was Re: Pop ups)

    On the crackling parchment of news:,
    °Mike° <> penned the following prose:
    > The two are obviously clashing when accessing the Graphic
    > Device Interface (GDI). It's a software issue that needs
    > to be taken up with the authors, IMO. Use one or the other
    > in the mean time.

    I decided on Google and wrote off this info to the maker of PowerIE...Google is
    a) free and b) I use it a lot more. Oh, well...

    --
    Robert Schumacher
    http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schumachersforum
    Robert Schumacher, Jun 28, 2003
  16. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Thanks all. I am trying Adsgone.

    pcbutts1, Jun 29, 2003
  17. pcbutts1

    Plato Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Thanks all. I am trying Adsgone.

    I think that in time this _may_ be self curing. By that I mean that the
    hate for popups is so great that many webmasters wont even link to pages
    that have too many of them if
    they can avoid it. In other words, people want visitors, and google
    ranks sites primarily on the number of other sites that link to them. So
    if you got popups on your
    site and there are other sites with the same or similiar info, folks
    wont link to you so you lose those strategic links AND your google
    ranking.
    Plato, Jun 29, 2003