    want to to allow the web-site that I am trying to see. Anybody have another
    solution?

    Thanks in advance.

    hutch, Jan 6, 2008

  2. hutch

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That site is full of pop ups.

    pcbutts1, Jan 6, 2008

  3. hutch wrote:

    > Every time I go to Snopes.com to search for something I get an
    > internet blank pop-up box. ...

    I never see popups at snopes.com (or anywhere else). But then I use
    modern browsers which have their own built-in popup blockers. Try one.

    Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    Opera: http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > hutch wrote:
    >
    >> Every time I go to Snopes.com to search for something I get an
    >> internet blank pop-up box. ...

    > I never see popups at snopes.com (or anywhere else). But then I use
    > modern browsers which have their own built-in popup blockers. Try one.
    >
    > Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    > Opera: http://www.opera.com/

    Nice tip. However, the OP and you both run windows. As I have experienced,
    most if not all windows users don't apply their patches as should. There
    fore, it's quite possible that the OP has an unpatched box and heavily
    plagued with pop-ups of all imaginable permutations.

    And yes, you are right... dump IE and go FireFox. Better yet, wht stop there
    and dump windows and go linux.

    --

    Jerry McBride ()

    Jerry McBride, Jan 6, 2008
  5. hutch wrote:

    > Every time I go to Snopes.com to search for something I get an internet
    > blank pop-up box. I delete it, try to put words in the search space, and
    > before I can get the words there, the blank internet box has "popped-up"
    > again. It continues to do that over and over again. It is almost impossible
    > to get words in the Snopes search box. I have pop-up Blocker turned on in
    > Internet Explorer and set to the medium setting. I have Windows XP SP2.
    > I use Internet Explorer 6. I know that I can set Active Scripting to prevent
    > the pop-up on Snopes, but I hate to be asked every time I go to Snopes if I
    > want to to allow the web-site that I am trying to see. Anybody have another
    > solution?

    No popups at Snopes here. Firefox with popups disabled and AdBlock
    running.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2008
  6. pcbutts1 wrote:

    > That site is full of pop ups.

    Never saw one there. What the heck are you browsing wiff?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2008
  7. hutch

    pcbutts1 Guest

    IE 7 with the Google toolbar pop up blocker, a fully patched XP SP2 machine
    malware and virus clean, IE 7 pop up blocker turned on. Google blocked about
    6 within 2 seconds of visiting the site and I received the same blank pop up
    window when clicking in the search box however it did not prevent me from
    searching. The pop ups are java script by the spamming cookie tracking
    casale media Comspec Communications company. They have multiple entries in
    my hosts file that will block it but I don't run my hosts file on this box.

    pcbutts1, Jan 6, 2008
  8. Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> hutch wrote:
    >>> Every time I go to Snopes.com to search for something I get an
    >>> internet blank pop-up box. ...

    >> I never see popups at snopes.com (or anywhere else). But then I use
    >> modern browsers which have their own built-in popup blockers. Try
    >> one.
    >>
    >> Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    >> Opera: http://www.opera.com/

    > Nice tip. However, the OP and you both run windows.

    The OP may, but I don't.

    > As I have experienced, most if not all windows users don't apply their
    > patches as should. There fore, it's quite possible that the OP has an
    > unpatched box and heavily plagued with pop-ups of all imaginable
    > permutations.

    Entirely possible.

    > And yes, you are right... dump IE and go FireFox. Better yet, wht
    > stop there and dump windows and go linux.

    I did that some years ago.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 6, 2008
  9. pcbutts1 wrote:

    > IE 7 with the Google toolbar pop up blocker, a fully patched XP SP2 machine
    > malware and virus clean, IE 7 pop up blocker turned on. Google blocked about
    > 6 within 2 seconds of visiting the site and I received the same blank pop up
    > window when clicking in the search box however it did not prevent me from
    > searching. The pop ups are java script by the spamming cookie tracking
    > casale media Comspec Communications company. They have multiple entries in
    > my hosts file that will block it but I don't run my hosts file on this box.

    Thanks. I thought you meant you were *seeing* them all. I've never seen
    any there including this search-box one y'all have been talking about.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2008
  10. hutch

    elaich Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in

    > IE 7 with the Google toolbar pop up blocker, a fully patched XP SP2
    > machine malware and virus clean, IE 7 pop up blocker turned on.

    All that, and it still can't do what Firefox does natively. And you trust
    Google to block ads? LMAO.

    elaich, Jan 6, 2008
  11. hutch

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I don't use Google to block ads. I use it for searches, their toolbar just
    like every other toolbar has a pop up blocker.

    pcbutts1, Jan 6, 2008
  12. hutch

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What's strange is using IE I cannot get to casalemedia.com. Even searching
    that in Google nothing happens. FireFox works. When I say nothing happens I
    mean nothing happens. I click go and it does nothing. I go to Google and put
    casalemedia.com in the search window, click search and nothing happens.

    pcbutts1, Jan 6, 2008
  13. hutch

    Shel-hed Guest

    On 6 Jan 2008 04:55:30 GMT, elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

    > And you trust
    >Google to block ads? LMAO.

    Oh man, that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

    Shel-hed, Jan 6, 2008
  14. hutch

    George Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > What's strange is using IE I cannot get to casalemedia.com. Even
    > searching that in Google nothing happens. FireFox works. When I say
    > nothing happens I mean nothing happens. I click go and it does
    > nothing. I go to Google and put casalemedia.com in the search window,
    > click search and nothing happens.

    That's a good thing. I use spyware blaster and it is a blocked site. I can
    go there, but I don't get popups. Your anti spam program does a better job
    by filtering it completely.
    <SNIP>

    George, Jan 6, 2008
  15. hutch

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I don't run any anti-spyware app on this box, it is my test box. I think it
    is the anti phishing filters built into IE7.

    pcbutts1, Jan 6, 2008
  16. hutch

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#3