    The Toxic Avenger
    --
    DEATH TO ALL EXTREMISTS!!

    The Toxic Avenger, Sep 11, 2007

  2. The Toxic Avenger wrote:
    > Anybody know how to stop the pop-up window that previews the contents of
    > new messages? I find it distracting and unnecessary.

    Rocky (oops, what a giveaway!),

    Try Tools > Options > General and uncheck "Show An Alert".

    (Sorry you didn't get your earlier question answered, BTW).

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Nigel Stapley wrote:
    > The Toxic Avenger wrote:
    >> Anybody know how to stop the pop-up window that previews the contents
    >> of new messages? I find it distracting and unnecessary.
    >>

    > Rocky (oops, what a giveaway!),
    >
    > Try Tools > Options > General and uncheck "Show An Alert".
    >
    > (Sorry you didn't get your earlier question answered, BTW).

    Thanks! :)

    The Toxic Avenger
    --
    DEATH TO ALL EXTREMISTS!!

    The Toxic Avenger, Sep 12, 2007
  4. The Toxic Avenger

    Crush Evil Guest

    On Sep 11, 10:48 am, The Toxic Avenger <> wrote:
    > Anybody know how to stop the pop-up window that previews the contents of
    > new messages? I find it distracting and unnecessary.

    If you like *some* aspects of it you can customize the content in

    tools
    options
    config editor

    see kb.mozillazine.org