    Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    appreciated
    Thank you
    MAF, May 13, 2004

  2. MAF

    Collector Guest

    MAF wrote:

    >Hi There,
    >I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    >etc.....
    >Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    >appreciated
    >Thank you

    Okay well first you find the boxes that the computer came in .....

    Okay thats the shit out of the way now to deal with the problem

    First you need to post more info, What Browser, what site ,
    oh and I need your pin number and account number too ;-)
    Collector, May 13, 2004

  3. MAF

    John B Guest

    Perhaps you have the Google toolbar with the "blocking popups" feature? If so,
    just click on the Blocking Popups icon for the site you want popups for. That
    will unblock that site.

    Maybe it's of hlep.
    --
    John B

    John B, May 13, 2004
  4. MAF

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:16:25 +1200, in article
    <TXHoc.4503$>, MAF wrote:

    > Hi There,
    > I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    > etc.....
    > Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    > appreciated

    Your browser is? In K-Meleon, this setting is at

    Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy
    ---Popup Control---
    [x] Block popup windows.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
    Ralph Fox, May 13, 2004
  5. "John B" <> wrote in message
    > Perhaps you have the Google toolbar with the "blocking popups" feature? If
    > so,
    > just click on the Blocking Popups icon for the site you want popups for.
    > That
    > will unblock that site.
    >
    > Maybe it's of hlep.
    > --
    > John B
    >
    > "Collector" <> wrote in message
    >> MAF wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi There,
    >> >I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    >> >etc.....
    >> >Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be
    >> >much
    >> >appreciated
    >> >Thank you
    >> >

    >> Okay well first you find the boxes that the computer came in .....
    >>
    >> Okay thats the shit out of the way now to deal with the problem
    >>
    >> First you need to post more info, What Browser, what site ,
    >> oh and I need your pin number and account number too ;-)

    XP SP2 blocks popups too so if you have that installed, you may need to
    tweak some settings

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, May 13, 2004
  6. MAF

    Allistar Guest

    MAF wrote:

    > Hi There,
    > I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    > etc.....
    > Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    > appreciated
    > Thank you

    Since you didn't say I'll assume you use Mozilla on Linux (because that's
    what I use).

    Which bank are you with? I use ANZ and although I have pop-ups blocked the
    pop-ups on that site work fine.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, May 13, 2004
  7. MAF

    MAF Guest

    "MAF" <> wrote in message
    > Hi There,
    > I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    > etc.....
    > Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    > appreciated
    > Thank you

    Sorry I'm using win2000, and internet explorer 6.....ANZ banking site.
    Thank you for your time.
    MAF, May 14, 2004
  8. MAF

    Baldman Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:16:25 +1200, "MAF" <> wrote:

    >Hi There,
    >I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    >etc.....
    >Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    >appreciated
    >Thank you

    A problem I have found, are these folk using "go fast software" like
    Slingshot and Ihugs accelerator products - screws with secure login
    pages...

    Disable the acclerator progs, and yer away laughing...
    Baldman, May 14, 2004
  9. Hi there,

    MAF wrote:
    > Hi There,
    > I have pop up windows being blocked and I can't access banking sites,
    > etc.....
    > Could some kind person tell me how to stop this happening....would be much
    > appreciated

    Some sites need those pop-ups to function properly. Your browser
    *should* be able to filter out which ones you *need* pop-ups for,
    and stop the rest from using them...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Canterbury Horse Taxis. http://www.horsetaxis.co.nz/