    What remedies are free? I have bought different stuff over the years and
    wasted a lot of money in the process.

    thanks..........anybody

    eugene, May 16, 2006

  2. eugene

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-16, eugene <> wrote:
    > For the past couple of hours I have been tormented with little pop up
    > alerts. One states, "System Alert pop-Ups. Your sysytem has been infected
    > with Spyware Managing adverts OHPE ver 4.12.23
    >
    > The other one is "Critical Virus Alert" click pop up to see available
    > malware downloads.
    >
    > And the third is a little red ringed box stating Critical System Alert
    >
    > I am extremely annoyed about this. These appear to be pop ups that will make
    > me purchase products to prevent pop-ups! Can anyone offer me a solution how
    > to get rid of these. I have no idea where they have come from as I have had
    > no problems before this, and I have been using this PC for over two years!
    > What remedies are free? I have bought different stuff over the years and
    > wasted a lot of money in the process.
    >
    > thanks..........anybody

    "You need to do a full AV/Malware scan and install AV/anti-Malware apps.
    AdAware SE Personal
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpywareBlaster

    "And also use the online scanner at:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2D1459EC

    (All free)" (courtesy of Mara)

    --
    Do it, sorta, NOW!

    Jimchip, May 16, 2006

  3. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About 5/15/2006 8:02:35 PM, Without Any Hesitation, eugene
    Wrote The Following:

    > For the past couple of hours I have been tormented with little pop up
    > alerts. One states, "System Alert pop-Ups. Your sysytem has been infected
    > with Spyware Managing adverts OHPE ver 4.12.23
    >
    > The other one is "Critical Virus Alert" click pop up to see available
    > malware downloads.
    >
    > And the third is a little red ringed box stating Critical System Alert
    >
    > I am extremely annoyed about this. These appear to be pop ups that will make
    > me purchase products to prevent pop-ups! Can anyone offer me a solution how
    > to get rid of these. I have no idea where they have come from as I have had
    > no problems before this, and I have been using this PC for over two years!
    > What remedies are free? I have bought different stuff over the years and
    > wasted a lot of money in the process.
    >
    > thanks..........anybody

    IE 7, Firefox, Yahoo toolbar.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.

    Old Gringo, May 16, 2006
  4. Old Gringo wrote:

    > IE 7, Firefox, Yahoo toolbar.

    IE7 is a beta product, not recommended for other than test systems.
    Firefox will do nicely on its own. No Yahoo toolbar needed.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 16, 2006
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> IE 7, Firefox, Yahoo toolbar.

    > IE7 is a beta product, not recommended for other than test systems.

    And if that's not bad enough, it's IE.

    > Firefox will do nicely on its own. No Yahoo toolbar needed.

    Amen.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups