    this file since it was there prior to its installation. HOW DO I
    DELETE THIS INDEX FILE?
    Bill
    William Young, Jan 23, 2004

  2. William Young

    Mark Guest

    Start your computer in safe mode and go in and delete the cookie then. That
    should work

    Mark

    "William Young" <> wrote in message
    > I have an index file embedded in my cookie folder. Can not delete this

    file,

    Mark, Jan 23, 2004

  3. William Young

    °Mike° Guest

    The index.dat file is NOT put there by a third party company,
    it is part of the Windows operating system, and is used to
    index your stored cookies. Leave it alone.

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:54:32 GMT, in
    <cSfQb.252020$>
    William Young scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 23, 2004
  4. William Young

    jda^fx Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:54:32 GMT, "William Young" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an index file embedded in my cookie folder. Can not delete this file,
    >windows Me error message states 'access is denied the source file maybe in
    >use. This file was put there by a pop-up software company so that you buy
    >their software. I now have another pop-up software but it does not delete
    >this file since it was there prior to its installation. HOW DO I
    >DELETE THIS INDEX FILE?
    > Bill

    Try to run Spybot http://security.kolla.de/ and Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoft.com

    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Jan 23, 2004
  5. William Young

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    jda^fx wrote:
    :: On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:54:32 GMT, "William Young"
    :: <> wrote:
    ::
    ::: I have an index file embedded in my cookie folder. Can not delete
    ::: this file, windows Me error message states 'access is denied the
    ::: source file maybe in use. This file was put there by a pop-up
    ::: software company so that you buy their software. I now have another
    ::: pop-up software but it does not delete this file since it was there
    ::: prior to its installation. HOW DO I DELETE THIS INDEX FILE?
    ::: Bill
    :::
    ::
    :: Try to run Spybot http://security.kolla.de/ and Ad-Aware
    :: http://www.lavasoft.com
    I don't think so. I was just about to address this problem on my PC. XPHome.
    I have 3 or 4 copies of this file in my "Temp files that stop me using Disk
    Clean Up" which is most frustrating! System will not let me kill these
    files. I've had "protection" for many a month and this has only just started
    happening this week. I know about the timescale because I check for updates
    on Ad Aware, SpyBot,AVG, Zone Alarm daily and almost daily defrag.

    ---
    c.rowlands4, Jan 24, 2004