  1. Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?

    Thanks,

    Marty
    Marty Bennett, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Marty Bennett

    Richard Guest

    "Marty Bennett" <> wrote in message
    news:hZJMa.21978$926.1621@sccrnsc03...
    > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marty

    www.crazybrowser.com

    plugin shell for IE which enhances a few things on top of stopping popups.
    Richard, Jul 3, 2003

  3. "Marty Bennett" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marty

    You're lucky; I happen to have 2 on the clipboard right now. :-
    Pop-up Stopper http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html
    Pop Up Popper http://www.bayden.com/popper/

    Learn to use a search engine.

    --
    NetKKKop a retarded Linuxfuck, Are Bush & Blair
    about to come out of the closet?
    Dr Halonfires Les Girl, Jul 3, 2003

  4. > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?

    Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org
    We use and Recommend.

    FreeSurfer: http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    Pow: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm
    NoAds: http://www.southbaypc.com/NoAds/
    PopKi: http://ranfo.com/popki.html
    KillAd: http://www.wplus.net/pp/fsc
    ClickOff: http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/download.html
    PopupEraser: http://www.webknacks.com/popuperaser.htm
    PopupBuster: http://www.popupbuster.com/PopUpBuster/
    PopUpPopper: http://www.bayden.com/Popper/default.asp
    Window Shades: http://www.g-m-m.com/Software/WindowShades/index.php
    AdShield: http://www.adshield.org/
    Web Washer: http://www.webwasher.com
    PopupStopper: http://www.panicware.com/popupstopper.html

    Or your could change your browser to one that has a built in
    popup stopper...

    AVantBrowser: http://www.avantbrowser.com
    We use and Recommend.

    MyIE2: http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm
    Crazy Browser: http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm
    Opera Browser: http://www.opera.com

    Or do what we do and use Proxomitron as our proxy server &
    popup stopper and Avant with built it popup stopper.
    I haven't seen aderts for ages and somes forget that they
    are there.

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Marty Bennett

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Marty Bennett wrote:

    > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marty

    You don't need a program. All you need to do is click on Start -> Run
    and type in WINIPCFG. When the box pops up just click on the button that
    says RELEASE on it.
    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Marty Bennett

    derek / nul Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:57:13 GMT, yugsdrawkcab <> wrote:

    >Marty Bennett wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Marty
    >>

    >You don't need a program. All you need to do is click on Start -> Run
    >and type in WINIPCFG. When the box pops up just click on the button that
    >says RELEASE on it.

    That is a bit harsh
    derek / nul, Jul 3, 2003
  7. Marty Bennett

    -=Chris=- Guest

    I was minding my own business when yugsdrawkcab blurted out:

    > Marty Bennett wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Marty
    >>

    > You don't need a program. All you need to do is click on Start -> Run
    > and type in WINIPCFG. When the box pops up just click on the button that
    > says RELEASE on it.

    lmfao

    --
    Insert corny line here
    -=Chris=-, Jul 3, 2003
  8. Marty Bennett

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    "Marty Bennett" <> wrote in news:hZJMa.21978
    $926.1621@sccrnsc03:

    > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?

    There are 3 potential sources of pop-ups. Messenger pop-ups are one, the
    other is spyware and the last would be web-based pop-ups. Here are some
    links to help with each.

    Messenger pop-ups:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;330904
    http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/

    Spyware:

    http://www.pcmag.com/print_article/0,3048,a=39275,00.asp

    I use Ad-Aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    Browser web pop-ups. These are windows that pop-up or under your browser
    window while surfing. I use Free Surfer mk II (works with IE):

    http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen//FS/Download.htm
    Fuzzy Logic, Jul 3, 2003
  9. Marty Bennett

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jul 3, 2003
  10. Marty Bennett

    Josef Knecht Guest

    Marty Bennett doodled:
    > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marty

    Despite PopUp Killer remaining _off_ the various boilerplates floating
    about, it's _still_ the best:
    http://software.xfx.net/ftp/puksetup1453.exe

    --

    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Josef Knecht, Jul 7, 2003
  11. Marty Bennett

    Josef Knecht Guest

    -=Chris=- doodled:
    > I was minding my own business when yugsdrawkcab blurted out:

    >> Marty Bennett wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Marty
    >>>

    >> You don't need a program. All you need to do is click on Start -> Run
    >> and type in WINIPCFG. When the box pops up just click on the button
    >> that says RELEASE on it.

    > lmfao

    You're easily amused. From aowx, mayhap?

    --

    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Josef Knecht, Jul 7, 2003
  12. "Josef Knecht" <> wrote in message news:<beabge$3044e$>...
    > Marty Bennett doodled:
    > > Anyone know any free programs that stop popup ads?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Marty

    > Despite PopUp Killer remaining _off_ the various boilerplates floating
    > about, it's _still_ the best:
    > http://software.xfx.net/ftp/puksetup1453.exe
    >
    > --
    >
    > zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    > Certified Word Police Officer - Details Detail
    > http://www.geocities.com/spamresources/spambots.htm
    > http://www.drcnet.org/ http://www.abovegod.com/
    > NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
    >
    > "A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs,
    > a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni,
    > a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag
    > again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut,
    > a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal
    > - Panama!"
    >
    > - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    I'm using "Pop Up Blocker and Ad Killer for Kazaa", it works fine and
    is free. It says it is make especially for Kazaa, but it deals with
    ordinary Internet Explorer pop-ups that you get when surfing the web
    too.

    http://www.projectbarracuda.com/pusak/
    Roger Karlsson, Jul 8, 2003