    Brucey2 Guest

    Despite deleting cookies and files after each session online , I am
    repeatedly getting pop ups about playing games, How can I stop this please.

    Brucey2, May 7, 2004

  2. Brucey2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, May 7, 2004

  3. Brucey2

    The Prophecy Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > "Brucey2" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Despite deleting cookies and files after each session online , I am
    >> repeatedly getting pop ups about playing games, How can I stop this
    >> please.
    >>

    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoststoggle.html
    >
    > Also, Pop-up Stopper Free Edition helps as well.
    >
    > If you're using an NT based O/S such as Win NT 4.0, 2K, XP or 2K3,
    > then kill the Messenger Service.
    >
    > http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-5035220.html
    >
    > Duane :)

    Faster way of killing the Messenger service:

    http://grc.com/files/shootthemessenger.exe

    The Prophecy, May 7, 2004
  4. Brucey2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "The Prophecy" <> wrote in news:fnSmc.25366
    $LA4.2022@edtnps84:

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> "Brucey2" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Despite deleting cookies and files after each session online , I am
    >>> repeatedly getting pop ups about playing games, How can I stop this
    >>> please.
    >>>

    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoststoggle.html
    >>
    >> Also, Pop-up Stopper Free Edition helps as well.
    >>
    >> If you're using an NT based O/S such as Win NT 4.0, 2K, XP or 2K3,
    >> then kill the Messenger Service.
    >>
    >> http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-5035220.html
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > Faster way of killing the Messenger service:
    >
    > http://grc.com/files/shootthemessenger.exe

    I am not saying it's you. But I guess Gibson is for the *clue less*. I
    just go to the Services and disable it. I think it's best that the user
    of something kind of know the product he or she is using and how to
    configure it to meet their needs. You know that kind of hands on approach
    and learn kind of thing. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 7, 2004
  5. Brucey2

    Plato Guest

    Plato, May 8, 2004
  6. Brucey2

    Robert Baer Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in news:fnSmc.25366
    > $LA4.2022@edtnps84:
    >
    > > Duane Arnold wrote:
    > >> "Brucey2" <> wrote in

    > >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    > >> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoststoggle.html
    > >>
    > >> Also, Pop-up Stopper Free Edition helps as well.
    > >>
    > >> If you're using an NT based O/S such as Win NT 4.0, 2K, XP or 2K3,
    > >> then kill the Messenger Service.
    > >>
    > >> http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-5035220.html
    > >>
    > >> Duane :)

    > > Faster way of killing the Messenger service:
    > >
    > > http://grc.com/files/shootthemessenger.exe
    > >

    > I am not saying it's you. But I guess Gibson is for the *clue less*. I
    > just go to the Services and disable it. I think it's best that the user
    > of something kind of know the product he or she is using and how to
    > configure it to meet their needs. You know that kind of hands on approach
    > and learn kind of thing. :)
    >
    > Duane :)

    ....and far better thanrisking a download of a possible virus and/or
    worm.

    Robert Baer, May 8, 2004
  7. Brucey2

    ProfGene Guest

    You could download and install pop-up blocker free edition.

    ProfGene, May 10, 2004