    regards zerostress

    ### stress is a self-inflicted injury ###

    BOTBAIT
    zerostress, Jun 25, 2006

  2. zerostress

    old man Guest

    perhaps its as simple as call waiting?

    old man, Jun 25, 2006

  3. zerostress

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-25, zerostress <> wrote:
    > My sister is on dial-up with freeserve (now orange) and has recently
    > started to get a pop-up saying "you have ignored an incoming call",
    > she is then disconnected. We have checked start up folder (empty),
    > disabled/removed non essentials with start up cop, run anti-virus
    > check, ad-aware, + spybot and in desperation took system right back
    > to factory settings. Still getting pu + cut off. Seems to me that it
    > is something on her system. Has anybody got any ideas please ?

    Sounds like something to do with the 'call waiting' facility in the 'V92'
    dial-up settings. See if the modem driver or 'internet connection'
    software has a setting to disable that feature. There may be an icon in
    the 'System Tray' related to 'call waiting' or some such description.

    The recent changes in Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange may have included an upgrade
    to the modems in use at the ISP's end of the internet connection so that
    the 'call waiting' part of the V92 standard is now supported, or partly
    supported, whereas it wasn't before. Possibly without the ISP noticing.
    Or the modem driver on your sister's computer may have been updated.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 25, 2006
  4. zerostress

    Daave Guest

    > "zerostress" <> wrote in message
    >> My sister is on dial-up with freeserve (now orange) and has recently
    >> started to get a pop-up saying "you have ignored an incoming call",
    >> she is then disconnected. We have checked start up folder (empty),
    >> disabled/removed non essentials with start up cop, run anti-virus
    >> check, ad-aware, + spybot and in desperation took system right back
    >> to factory settings. Still getting pu + cut off. Seems to me that it
    >> is something on her system. Has anybody got any ideas please ?

    Then old man top-posted:
    > perhaps its as simple as call waiting?

    Call waiting causes pop-ups?

    --
    Dave
    Daave, Jun 25, 2006
  5. zerostress

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:41:12 GMT, "Daave"
    <> wrote:

    >Call waiting causes pop-ups?

    The OP stated the pop up is "you have ignored an incoming call".

    Yes, some modems can do that.
    Evan Platt, Jun 25, 2006
  6. zerostress

    zerostress Guest

    zerostress <> wrote in

    > My sister is on dial-up with freeserve (now orange) and has
    > recently started to get a pop-up saying "you have ignored an
    > incoming call", she is then disconnected. We have checked start up
    > folder (empty), disabled/removed non essentials with start up cop,
    > run anti-virus check, ad-aware, + spybot and in desperation took
    > system right back to factory settings. Still getting pu + cut
    > off. Seems to me that it is something on her system. Has anybody
    > got any ideas please ?

    Thanks for your help. I will check for an updated modem driver. I
    will also try and find a new modem "string" on the internet. As its
    an internal modem I will have to get her to dig out the innstrustions
    or check packard Bell website.
    Thanks Again.

    zerostress, Jun 25, 2006
  7. zerostress

    Daave Guest

    zerostress wrote:
    > zerostress <> wrote in
    >
    >> My sister is on dial-up with freeserve (now orange) and has
    >> recently started to get a pop-up saying "you have ignored an
    >> incoming call", she is then disconnected. We have checked start up
    >> folder (empty), disabled/removed non essentials with start up cop,
    >> run anti-virus check, ad-aware, + spybot and in desperation took
    >> system right back to factory settings. Still getting pu + cut
    >> off. Seems to me that it is something on her system. Has anybody
    >> got any ideas please ?
    >>

    > Thanks for your help. I will check for an updated modem driver. I
    > will also try and find a new modem "string" on the internet. As its
    > an internal modem I will have to get her to dig out the innstrustions
    > or check packard Bell website.
    > Thanks Again.

    Try here:

    http://support.packardbell.com/uk/