    default IE opening page, i keep getting a box pop up saying this change has
    been allowed. is there any way to stop this box continuing to appear,
    please?

    jw 111, Apr 7, 2005

  2. jw 111

    Dave Lear Guest

    "jw 111" wrote in message news:pZ65e.871$

    > have installed microsoft anti spyware program and when i recently
    > changed my default IE opening page, i keep getting a box pop up
    > saying this change has been allowed. is there any way to stop this
    > box continuing to appear, please?

    Advanced Tools

    Browser Restore

    Start Page

    Change restore settings to a new URL...

    Amend the URL to be the new page you've picked so that the current Home Page
    and the Restore Home Page match. That should take care of the 'nag' screens.

    Dave Lear, Apr 7, 2005

  3. jw 111

    jw 111 Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    > "jw 111" wrote in message news:pZ65e.871$
    >
    >> have installed microsoft anti spyware program and when i recently
    >> changed my default IE opening page, i keep getting a box pop up
    >> saying this change has been allowed. is there any way to stop this
    >> box continuing to appear, please?

    > Advanced Tools
    >
    > Browser Restore
    >
    > Start Page
    >
    > Change restore settings to a new URL...
    >
    > Amend the URL to be the new page you've picked so that the current Home
    > Page and the Restore Home Page match. That should take care of the 'nag'
    > screens.

    many thanks, have done as you suggested. the little jiggers are still
    coming up though.. any more suggestions gratefully received. thanks

    jw 111, Apr 7, 2005
  4. jw 111

    jw 111 Guest

    "jw 111" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    >> "jw 111" wrote in message news:pZ65e.871$
    >>
    >>> have installed microsoft anti spyware program and when i recently
    >>> changed my default IE opening page, i keep getting a box pop up
    >>> saying this change has been allowed. is there any way to stop this
    >>> box continuing to appear, please?

    >> Advanced Tools
    >>
    >> Browser Restore
    >>
    >> Start Page
    >>
    >> Change restore settings to a new URL...
    >>
    >> Amend the URL to be the new page you've picked so that the current Home
    >> Page and the Restore Home Page match. That should take care of the 'nag'
    >> screens.

    > many thanks, have done as you suggested. the little jiggers are still
    > coming up though.. any more suggestions gratefully received. thanks

    For some reason it has now decided to behave. this morning the popup jiggers
    ceased !! computers...confusing or what? many thanks for your help.

    jw 111, Apr 8, 2005
  5. jw 111

    jw 111 Guest

    "jw 111" <> wrote in message

    > "jw 111" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message

    >>> Advanced Tools
    >>>
    >>> Browser Restore
    >>>
    >>> Start Page
    >>>
    >>> Change restore settings to a new URL...
    >>>
    >>> Amend the URL to be the new page you've picked so that the current Home
    >>> Page and the Restore Home Page match. That should take care of the 'nag'
    >>> screens.

    >> many thanks, have done as you suggested. the little jiggers are still
    >> coming up though.. any more suggestions gratefully received. thanks

    > For some reason it has now decided to behave. this morning the popup
    > jiggers ceased !! computers...confusing or what? many thanks for your
    > help.

    i dont believe this, they have now come back again
    can anyone advise before i go barmy.

    jw 111, Apr 8, 2005
  6. jw 111

    MrGrumpy Guest

    I could never get rid of constant popup, in the end I uninstalled.
    I continue to use both Adaware & SpyBot.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 8, 2005