    http://www.synergeticsoft.com/

    Just a heads up --take it or leave it.

    Budweiser
    Budweiser, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Budweiser wrote:

    > Ok this one may be old news but i have just found it, it is free and
    > has rid me/ prevents popups that my other blockers will not.

    Why mess with third-party software?

    I haven't seen an unwanted pop-up window in years.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    > Budweiser wrote:
    >
    >> Ok this one may be old news but i have just found it, it is free and
    >> has rid me/ prevents popups that my other blockers will not.

    > Why mess with third-party software?
    >
    > I haven't seen an unwanted pop-up window in years.
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    > http://www.opera.com/
    >
    > --
    > -bts

    Point taken, but when i need or it is more convenient to use explorer i have
    found that the little free prog works wonders. even with opera and mozilla
    you can still inadvertantly install one of the little buggers that ada-aware
    /spybot etal do not pick up.
    If you do not need it -- result, maybe you should remember it just in case
    of a senior moment or to help someone less savvy with browsers solve a
    simple but highly irratating problem.

    As i said , it's a heads up, new to me, just thought after trying it and
    being impressed i would pass it on.
    Mind you i am easily impressed i still marvell at aircraft and mobile phones
    ;)

    Budweiser
    Budweiser, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Budweiser wrote:
    >
    >> Ok this one may be old news but i have just found it, it is free and
    >> has rid me/ prevents popups that my other blockers will not.

    > Why mess with third-party software?
    >
    > I haven't seen an unwanted pop-up window in years.
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    > http://www.opera.com/

    Last night I discovered Opera's ad blocker (rightclick ad, choose
    block). Was that added with 9.0?

    (Opera used to be my primary browser, starting back with...uh...5, I
    think. But now pretty much only use it for site checks and just to say
    *kinda* current with it.)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 25, 2007
  5. Budweiser

    David Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    I want to get rid of the message I get at the bottom left when I've done a
    search on IE7 that says I can't go into the result because of pop ups unless
    I click CTRL at the same time.

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group
    David, Jan 25, 2007
  6. Budweiser

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-25, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Budweiser wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok this one may be old news but i have just found it, it is free and
    >>> has rid me/ prevents popups that my other blockers will not.

    >> Why mess with third-party software?
    >>
    >> I haven't seen an unwanted pop-up window in years.
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
    >> http://www.opera.com/

    > Last night I discovered Opera's ad blocker (rightclick ad, choose
    > block). Was that added with 9.0?

    The GUI tool for it was added in 9.0; it was there in 8 but only with a
    text file config. It also works more flexibly than before.

    > (Opera used to be my primary browser, starting back with...uh...5, I
    > think. But now pretty much only use it for site checks and just to say
    > *kinda* current with it.)

    I still haven't found anything I like better than Opera.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 25, 2007