    Impossible to bring up task manager wiith <Ctrl><Alt><Delete>, so
    these damn things aer like a virus.
    What will block them?
    Robert Baer, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Robert Baer

    Ionizer Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In (ugly( Internet Explorer, i ranDUMBly get brown pop-ups making a
    > pitch about some "fix" for Windoz; differing sources named in them.
    > Impossible to bring up task manager wiith <Ctrl><Alt><Delete>, so
    > these damn things aer like a virus.
    > What will block them?

    Please use full sentences containing real words.

    Do your pop-ups look like the ones on this page?
    http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > > In (ugly( Internet Explorer, i ranDUMBly get brown pop-ups making a
    > > pitch about some "fix" for Windoz; differing sources named in them.
    > > Impossible to bring up task manager wiith <Ctrl><Alt><Delete>, so
    > > these damn things aer like a virus.
    > > What will block them?

    > Please use full sentences containing real words.
    >
    > Do your pop-ups look like the ones on this page?
    > http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/
    >
    > --
    > Ian.

    Yup! Thanx for the solution!
    My problem is that my typing is a bit dyslexic, and sometimes i may
    "lean" on a character.
    Robert Baer, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Robert Baer

    > Ionizer wrote:
    >> Do your pop-ups look like the ones on this page?
    >> http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian.

    > Yup! Thanx for the solution!
    > My problem is that my typing is a bit dyslexic, and sometimes i may
    > "lean" on a character.

    Robert:

    Shutting down Messenger Service is actually only part of your solution.
    The other, very important part, is that you need a firewall! If you are
    using Windows XP you already have a firewall- you just need to activate
    it. If it's another OS, there are a number of free software firewalls
    available, including Zone Alarm:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp and
    Outpost: http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html

    Regards,