    --

    Peter James
    Change AT to @ to reply

    Peter James, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:09:51 +0000, Peter James
    <> wrote:

    >I've scanned a very old B&W print using my Bear Paw 1200 scanner. I'm
    >prepared to admit that the scanner is not the best in the world, but
    >it's all I can afford at the present. The resulting scan is rather
    >"washed out" with an over-all gray cast. Using Adobe Elements I don't
    >seem to be able to improve the appearance of the photo in any way.
    >Attempting to increase the contrast just seems to add blobs or
    >blotches of high contrast but with no over-all improvement. Can
    >anyone advise me on this problem. Many thanks.

    I have up-loaded the print in question to:
    http://www.sharemation.com/xythoswf...user&XY_username=petefjames&token=-1676845156
    I would be grateful for any comments. TIA

    --

    Peter James
    Change AT to @ to reply

    Peter James, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Peter James

    Ray Murphy Guest

    ----------
    In article <>, Peter James
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:09:51 +0000, Peter James
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've scanned a very old B&W print using my Bear Paw 1200 scanner. I'm
    >>prepared to admit that the scanner is not the best in the world, but
    >>it's all I can afford at the present. The resulting scan is rather
    >>"washed out" with an over-all gray cast. Using Adobe Elements I don't
    >>seem to be able to improve the appearance of the photo in any way.
    >>Attempting to increase the contrast just seems to add blobs or
    >>blotches of high contrast but with no over-all improvement. Can
    >>anyone advise me on this problem. Many thanks.

    RM: Send the scan (or part of it) and I'll help. No more than 1MB by
    email.

    >I have up-loaded the print in question to:
    >http://www.sharemation.com/xythoswfs/webui?action=login&subaction=reg

    isteruser&
    >XY_username=petefjames&token=-1676845156
    >I would be grateful for any comments. TIA
    >
    >Peter James
    >Change AT to @ to reply

    RM: We need a user name and password to see the jpg.

    Ray

    Ray Murphy, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:44:10 +0000, Peter James
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:09:51 +0000, Peter James
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've scanned a very old B&W print using my Bear Paw 1200 scanner. I'm
    >>prepared to admit that the scanner is not the best in the world, but
    >>it's all I can afford at the present. The resulting scan is rather
    >>"washed out" with an over-all gray cast. Using Adobe Elements I don't
    >>seem to be able to improve the appearance of the photo in any way.
    >>Attempting to increase the contrast just seems to add blobs or
    >>blotches of high contrast but with no over-all improvement. Can
    >>anyone advise me on this problem. Many thanks.

    >I have up-loaded the print in question to:
    >http://www.sharemation.com/xythoswf...user&XY_username=petefjames&token=-1676845156
    >I would be grateful for any comments. TIA

    The username and password to see the print is:
    Username: petefjames
    Password: a135790

    --

    Peter James
    Change AT to @ to reply

    Peter James, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Peter James

    Ray Murphy Guest

    ----------
    In article <>, Peter James
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:44:10 +0000, Peter James
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:09:51 +0000, Peter James
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've scanned a very old B&W print using my Bear Paw 1200 scanner. I'm
    >>>prepared to admit that the scanner is not the best in the world, but
    >>>it's all I can afford at the present. The resulting scan is rather
    >>>"washed out" with an over-all gray cast. Using Adobe Elements I don't
    >>>seem to be able to improve the appearance of the photo in any way.
    >>>Attempting to increase the contrast just seems to add blobs or
    >>>blotches of high contrast but with no over-all improvement. Can
    >>>anyone advise me on this problem. Many thanks.

    >>I have up-loaded the print in question to:
    >>http://www.sharemation.com/xythoswfs/webui?action=login&subaction=re

    gisteruser
    >&XY_username=petefjames&token=-1676845156
    >>I would be grateful for any comments. TIA

    >The username and password to see the print is:
    >Username: petefjames
    >Password: a135790
    >

    >Peter James
    >Change AT to @ to reply

    RM: It still doesn't work. Have you got the right url?

    Ray

    Ray Murphy, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:34:17 +1030, "Ray Murphy"
    <> wrote:

    >----------
    >In article <>, Peter James
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:44:10 +0000, Peter James
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I have up-loaded the print in question to:
    >>>http://www.sharemation.com/xythoswfs/webui?action=login&subaction=re

    >gisteruser
    >>&XY_username=petefjames&token=-1676845156
    >>>I would be grateful for any comments. TIA

    >>The username and password to see the print is:
    >>Username: petefjames
    >>Password: a135790
    >>

    >>Peter James
    >>Change AT to @ to reply

    >RM: It still doesn't work. Have you got the right url?
    >
    >Ray

    Sorry, this should work.

    Peter James, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Peter James

    Don Coon Guest

    "Peter James" <> wrote in message
    > I've scanned a very old B&W print using my Bear Paw 1200 scanner. I'm
    > prepared to admit that the scanner is not the best in the world, but
    > it's all I can afford at the present. The resulting scan is rather
    > "washed out" with an over-all gray cast. Using Adobe Elements I don't
    > seem to be able to improve the appearance of the photo in any way.
    > Attempting to increase the contrast just seems to add blobs or
    > blotches of high contrast but with no over-all improvement. Can
    > anyone advise me on this problem. Many thanks.
    > --
    >
    > Peter James
    > Change AT to @ to reply

    Try the Levels tool. Ctrl-L

    Slide the left and right sliders toward the center until you reach the start
    of the vertical curves.

    Don Coon, Dec 17, 2003