    H-P.

    Please advise.

    Thanks
    Armitage, May 1, 2006

  2. Armitage

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Armitage" <nomail@thisaddress> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a new Dell 944 AIO printer that has an incredibly poor print quality
    > and sometimes will print pictures with completely different colors (green
    > instead of black) than the original photo,even the test page print looks
    > crappy.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling,new ink
    > cartridges,cleaning
    > the ink nozzles,aligning the cartridges etc.,but nothing seems to
    > help.I've
    > used Dell computers for years and they've always been top notch,but if
    > this
    > printer is indicative of all Dell printers,I'll dump this POS and go back
    > H-P.
    >
    > Please advise.

    Dell printers are usually rebadged LexMarks - and as such are fit only for
    the scrap-heap

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, May 1, 2006

  3. Armitage

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 01 May 2006 00:30:48 -0400, Armitage wrote:

    > I have a new Dell 944 AIO printer that has an incredibly poor print
    > quality and sometimes will print pictures with completely different colors
    > (green instead of black) than the original photo,even the test page print
    > looks crappy.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling,new ink
    > cartridges,cleaning the ink nozzles,aligning the cartridges etc.,but
    > nothing seems to help.I've used Dell computers for years and they've
    > always been top notch,but if this printer is indicative of all Dell
    > printers,I'll dump this POS and go back to H-P.
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks

    If it's new take it back.

    Meat Plow, May 1, 2006
  4. Armitage

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-01, Armitage <nomail@thisaddress> wrote:
    > I have a new Dell 944 AIO printer that has an incredibly poor print quality
    > and sometimes will print pictures with completely different colors (green
    > instead of black) than the original photo,even the test page print looks
    > crappy.I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling,new ink cartridges,cleaning
    > the ink nozzles,aligning the cartridges etc.,but nothing seems to help.I've
    > used Dell computers for years and they've always been top notch,but if this
    > printer is indicative of all Dell printers,I'll dump this POS and go back to
    > H-P.
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks

    It isn't clear whether the 'test page' you tried was one built in to the
    printer itself, or one sent from some piece of software on a computer. If
    the latter then you should make sure that you are using the correct
    'driver' for the printer.

    If a printer self-test produces bad output and you can't correct it by
    going through the trouble-shooting instructions that came with the
    printer, then take it back to the shop.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 1, 2006