    for a reasonable cost?

    Here is what I'm talking about:

    http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

    Jason Alsing, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Jason  Alsing

    Guest Guest

    Looks like the repair shop have screwed up the focusing. You send take it
    back to them.

    "Jason Alsing" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
    > pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
    > zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

    further

    Guest, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Jason  Alsing

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <caADb.3917$5F2.3600@news-
    binary.blueyonder.co.uk>, says...
    > Subject: Re: poor picture quality
    > From: <Enter Your Full Name> <>
    > Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    >
    > Looks like the repair shop have screwed up the focusing. You send take it
    > back to them.
    >

    > "Jason Alsing" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
    > > pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
    > > zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

    > further
    > > distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
    > > the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
    > > lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
    > > for a reasonable cost?
    > >
    > > Here is what I'm talking about:
    > >
    > > http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

    The camera is NOT FOCUSING!

    I can get pictures like that from my S5000 all night
    long by using "manual" Focus or "Rushing" the focus by
    pressing the shutter too quickly.

    Try the "C-AF" (constant auto-focus) setting and see if
    it gets better. If not I would have it repaired.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    Larry Lynch, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Jason  Alsing

    Peter Aitken Guest

    > I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
    > pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
    > zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at

    further
    > distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
    > the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
    > lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
    > for a reasonable cost?
    >
    > Here is what I'm talking about:
    >
    > http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

    Is your camera 6x *optical* zoom? If it is using digital zoom then there
    will be unavoidable image degradation.

    --
    Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Jason  Alsing

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Are you using a tripod for zoom shots?

    Jason Alsing wrote:

    > I have a Fuji FinePix 2800Z with 6X zoom, which is having some very poor
    > pictures a higher zoom levels. I can still get some decent pics a lower
    > zooms, but any more than about 50% zoom it gets bad, and more so at further
    > distances, lower light, etc. I've tried to eliminate lighting, movement as
    > the issue and done some tests, but still the quality is poor (unless the
    > lighting is REALLY good) Any Ideas if this is a repair which could be made
    > for a reasonable cost?
    >
    > Here is what I'm talking about:
    >
    > http://home.ix.netcom.com/~jalsing/0fujiproblems.html

    --
    Don Stauffer in Minnesota

    Don Stauffer, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Jason  Alsing

    Jason Alsing Guest

    I am using a tri-pod, for these shots, and complete auto mode. So I guess
    it's back to repair. Any Ideas on what a repair like this goes for? I don't
    think the camera is under warranty, and I'd just assume get a newer camera
    if it's say $100 or more to repair....

    Jason Alsing, Dec 17, 2003