    very slow. Does x64 need a lot more memory to run at the same levels as XP
    Pro?? Or is there something else I should know!

    Regards Ady

    =?Utf-8?B?QWR5?=, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Man, if you're running XP 64 bit with 128 megs of memory, you're lucky you
    can even open an explorer window...;-)

    Double that and you'll be okay. Make it 512 and you'll be flyin'

    Dennis Gordon, Oct 19, 2005

  3. 32-bit XP would be unhappy at 128 Mb, but x64 Edition is definitely unhappy
    at less than 256. Given the price of RAM these days, I'd suggest a couple of
    256 Mb DIMMs would be a good investment. (Note that many mobos these days
    like their RAM in matched pairs. )

    Another factor is that your RAM is simply old and slow. I suspect you
    recycled existing RAM you had. While it will work, it is likely a good deal
    slower than current RAM and what the motherboard will support.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 19, 2005
  4. So... does thins mean it is just a memory prob..... and x64 is a lot more
    memory hungry than XP Pro!

    =?Utf-8?B?QWR5?=, Oct 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QWR5?=

    Rick Guest

    Yes.

    Rick, Oct 19, 2005
  6. Maybe someone with their 4 to 8GBs of RAM can be a good samaritan and give
    you some. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 19, 2005