    : "Z tylu roznych dróg przez zycie, kazdy ma prawo wybrac zle".
    : GG: 328.28.00 Email: studio(a.t)post.pl (Staszewski)

    : Zanim przeslesz do mnie email: http://212.126.18.251/nospam/
    328.28.00, Dec 30, 2003

  2. 328.28.00 wrote:

    > halo all,
    > can U give me any solution my problem. I used poor ISP (cant change
    > his). I have very big latency, not constans delay packets, and voice
    > whitch i send from point 1 to point 2 via internet is not good, i tell
    > voice is poor. Dont loose packiets, but voice is sometimes is like
    > "robot machine" :( i use DSL 512/128 kb - MTU i set 512, ToS short delay.
    >
    > Any idea ?
    >

    > R,

    Hmmm, I would change ISP but since this is not possible you could try to
    cancel out the latency by taking the maximum RTT time and setting your
    jitter buffers to this value. For example:
    - max rtt : 540 ms
    - min rtt : 10 ms

    Set your jitter buffer to something near or over 540. The bad thing you
    are introducing now is the 'breakie-breakie-over' effect. Really a
    need-to-have for VoIP is a good and stable connection to whatever IP
    network you want to use.

    --
    Arnold

    http://www.ligtvoet.org
    Ask smart questions : http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    Arnold Ligtvoet, Dec 30, 2003

  3. 328.28.00

    328.28.00 Guest

    U¿ytkownik Arnold Ligtvoet napisa³:

    [...]

    i do this, sounds some better :)

    R,

    328.28.00, Dec 30, 2003
  4. 328.28.00 wrote:

    > U¿ytkownik Arnold Ligtvoet napisa³:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > i do this, sounds some better :)
    >
    > R,

    Succes. I don't know what hardware you are using, but I think I remember
    seeing some VoIP equipment doing dynamic jitter buffers. If your
    hardware supports this it would be better to use this feature.

    Again a bad thing, the 'other-side' needs the same hardware or at least
    hardware that has support for dynamic jitter buffers.

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Dec 30, 2003
  5. 328.28.00

    328.28.00 Guest

    U¿ytkownik Arnold Ligtvoet napisa³:

    [...]

    i use "no-name" hardware, and i hope so that this machine dont support
    this.

    R,

    328.28.00, Dec 30, 2003