    comments from shooters when Zeiss introduced cine lenses adapted for
    DSLR's a while back.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1111/11110309cinemaeoslenses.asp

    RichA, Nov 5, 2011

  2. RichA

    Mike Guest

    RichA is intolerant of others.

    Mike, Nov 5, 2011

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Their reactions to these new cine lenses from Canon are so funny.
    >"These are the same as L-lenses!" Yeah, sure they are. Tell me,
    >would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur tolerate visible screws
    >and manual gear drives on L-lenses? No, they are worried as much
    >about the appearance of their gear as its performance, if not more,
    >given the lack-luster performance of some Canon lenses.

    Which Canon L lenses display "lack-luster performance"?

    Bruce, Nov 5, 2011
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    >Bruce <> wrote in
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>>Their reactions to these new cine lenses from Canon are so funny.
    >>>"These are the same as L-lenses!" Yeah, sure they are. Tell me,
    >>>would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur tolerate visible screws
    >>>and manual gear drives on L-lenses? No, they are worried as much
    >>>about the appearance of their gear as its performance, if not more,
    >>>given the lack-luster performance of some Canon lenses.

    >> Which Canon L lenses display "lack-luster performance"?

    >Anything under 50mm?

    That might have been fair about five years ago, but Canon has
    carefully revised its L range and there are some very good performers.
    In fixed focal lengths, the 14mm f/2.8L II USM and 24mm f/1.4L II USM
    are both much better than their predecessors. The 35mm f/1.4L USM is
    better than the recently discontinued AIS Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 but not
    remotely as good as the new AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G. The Samsung 35mm
    f/1.4 shades all of these except the G Nikkor.

    The zooms have also been improved. The 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is a
    very good performer as is the reasonably priced 17-40mm f/4.0L USM.
    The previous 16-35mm, 17-35mm and 20-35mm lenses were disappointing.

    So I think you're being slightly unkind. ;-)

    Bruce, Nov 6, 2011
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 5, 8:27 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > >Bruce <> wrote in

    > >> Which Canon L lenses display "lack-luster performance"?

    > >Anything under 50mm?

    > That might have been fair about five years ago, but Canon has
    > carefully revised its L range and there are some very good performers.
    > In fixed focal lengths, the 14mm f/2.8L II USM and 24mm f/1.4L II USM
    > are both much better than their predecessors.  The 35mm f/1.4L USM is
    > better than the recently discontinued AIS Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 but not
    > remotely as good as the new AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G.  The Samsung 35mm
    > f/1.4 shades all of these except the G Nikkor.
    >
    > The zooms have also been improved.  The 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is a
    > very good performer as is the reasonably priced 17-40mm f/4.0L USM.
    > The previous 16-35mm, 17-35mm and 20-35mm lenses were disappointing.
    >
    > So I think you're being slightly unkind.  ;-)

    I should have qualified it by saying old lenses, I realize they've
    improved their WA line-up. I figured as much when they brought out
    the shift lenses. But I'd part company on the 17-40L, unless it's
    been re-done. f5.6 on the 5D, its edges, even close in were terrible,
    a real shock to me since I'd only been using Olympus 4/3rd HG and SHG
    glass at the time. But I'm glad they improved.

    RichA, Nov 6, 2011
  6. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article <j93r5f$gp9$>, Mike <>
    wrote:

    > On 05/11/2011 1:00 PM, RichA wrote:
    >
    > > Tell me, would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur...

    He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    Mr. Strat, Nov 6, 2011
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 6, 6:21 pm, "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    > In article <j93r5f$>, Mike <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On 05/11/2011 1:00 PM, RichA wrote:

    > > > Tell me, would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur...

    > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    Internet posting subject line change scoundrel alert.

    RichA, Nov 7, 2011
  8. Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <j93r5f$gp9$>, Mike <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 05/11/2011 1:00 PM, RichA wrote:
    >>
    >> > Tell me, would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur...

    > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    Tell us how you really feel Randall :)

    I trust you've been well.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Nov 7, 2011
  9. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article <j98mf2$6q0$>, Pete Stavrakoglou
    <> wrote:

    > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <j93r5f$gp9$>, Mike <>
    > > wrote:

    > > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    > Tell us how you really feel Randall :)
    >
    > I trust you've been well.

    Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    Mr. Strat, Nov 7, 2011
  10. Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <j98mf2$6q0$>, Pete Stavrakoglou
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message

    >> > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    >> Tell us how you really feel Randall :)
    >>
    >> I trust you've been well.

    > Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    Wow, that's great news. Any pictures we can see? That was your old gig and I'm
    sure you don't miss it.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Nov 7, 2011
  11. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 06:02:14 -0800, "Mr. Strat" <>
    wrote:
    : In article <j98mf2$6q0$>, Pete Stavrakoglou
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    : > news:061120111521401318%...
    : > > In article <j93r5f$gp9$>, Mike <>
    : > > wrote:
    : > >
    : > >> On 05/11/2011 1:00 PM, RichA wrote:
    : > >>
    : > >> > Tell me, would some nancy-boy pro DSLR-using amateur...
    : > >
    : > > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.
    : >
    : > Tell us how you really feel Randall :)
    : >
    : > I trust you've been well.
    :
    : Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    To another photographer, one hopes. :^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Nov 7, 2011
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/7/2011 8:29 AM, Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
    > "Mr. Strat"<> wrote in message
    >> In article<j93r5f$gp9$>, Mike<>
    >> wrote:

    >> He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    > Tell us how you really feel Randall :)
    >
    > I trust you've been well.

    Glad to see you back. I as going to email you, but got tied up in a project.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Nov 8, 2011
  13. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article <CADD63B2.7B3FF%>, George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    > > Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    > Did you hire a photog? LOL!

    Actually, yeah. The guy that used to do my retouching back when I had
    the studio. He also used to have a studio and photographed many
    weddings in his day. We've been friends since about 1968 or so.

    Mr. Strat, Nov 8, 2011
  14. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article <j99f47$mdo$>, Pete Stavrakoglou
    <> wrote:

    > Wow, that's great news. Any pictures we can see? That was your old gig and I'm
    > sure you don't miss it.

    Shoot me your e-mail address and I'll give you a link to where they're
    at on Shutterfly.

    I miss creating the images but not the business end of things.

    Mr. Strat, Nov 8, 2011
  15. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article <>, Robert Coe
    <> wrote:

    > : Doin' OK. Got married back in June.
    >
    > To another photographer, one hopes. :^)

    Being the old coot that I've become, she's a tenure track professor of
    nursing. That will help in these sunset years. :)

    Mr. Strat, Nov 8, 2011
  16. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/7/2011 11:41 PM, Mr. Strat wrote:
    > In article<>, Robert Coe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> : Doin' OK. Got married back in June.
    >>
    >> To another photographer, one hopes. :^)

    > Being the old coot that I've become, she's a tenure track professor of
    > nursing. That will help in these sunset years. :)

    Best of luck and happiness.
    All the nurses I've met have been wonderful caring people.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Nov 8, 2011
  17. Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    ntotrr @optonline.net (note the space before the @ sign).

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Nov 8, 2011
  18. Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Robert Coe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> : Doin' OK. Got married back in June.
    >>
    >> To another photographer, one hopes. :^)

    > Being the old coot that I've become, she's a tenure track professor of
    > nursing. That will help in these sunset years. :)

    May the Lord bless the both of you with many happy and healthy years together.
    This is great news to hear.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Nov 8, 2011
  19. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 7, 9:02 am, "Mr. Strat" <> wrote:
    > In article <j98mf2$>, Pete Stavrakoglou
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > "Mr. Strat" <> wrote in message

    > > > He's just an Internet attention whore retard.

    > > Tell us how you really feel Randall :)

    > > I trust you've been well.

    > Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    I pity that woman.

    RichA, Nov 8, 2011
  20. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    Re: RichA is intolerant of others.

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > > Doin' OK. Got married back in June.

    > I pity that woman.

    We'll put your name at the bottom of the list.

    Now, return to your attention whore ways.

    Mr. Strat, Nov 9, 2011