Polycom vtc unit and auto-qos

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by R Siffredi, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. R Siffredi

    R Siffredi Guest

    Can anyone recommend to me if I should use auto-qos settings on my 3550 for a video endpoint
    I am trying to make sure the unit uses the priority queue and is marked cos 5
    THis is what I have come up with for it:

    mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 26 32 46 48 56

    interface FastEthernet0/1
    description Polycom-1
    switchport access vlan 200
    switchport mode access
    switchport nonegotiate
    no ip address
    duplex full
    speed 100
    mls qos cos 5
    mls qos cos override
    mls qos trust cos
    wrr-queue cos-map 1 0 1
    wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 3
    wrr-queue cos-map 3 4
    wrr-queue cos-map 4 5 6 7
    priority-queue out
    spanning-tree portfast
    spanning-tree bpduguard enable

    R Siffredi, Mar 8, 2005

  2. R Siffredi

    BradReeseCom Guest

    You may wish to investigate:

    comp.dcom.videoconf

    as well as Cisco's How to Configure Video over IP for Polycom Video
    Units:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080111c1b.shtml

    and Cisco's Implementing QoS Solutions for H.323 Video Conferencing
    over IP:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk757/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094968.shtml

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese