    And now an act of shameless promotion.
    Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
    http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

    KING B MAN, Apr 12, 2004

  2. KING B MAN

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Re: Most Obscure DVD title in your collection

    "KING B MAN" <> wrote in message
    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    Probably "Divorcing Jack" or "Ginger Snaps".

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Re: Most Obscure DVD title in your collection

    "Neo-Tokyo" (a.k.a. "Manie-Manie")

    Vlvetmorning98, Apr 12, 2004
  4. KING B MAN

    drsd2kill Guest

    I disagree that THE ASPHYX is an excellent quality DVD - it was made from a
    faded red print and color corrected as best as possible - but still wrong.

    Also, it was a 4-channel stereo film and the All Day DVD is mono - it is coming
    out with a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and 5.! DD soundtrack in region 2
    shortly

    drsd2kill, Apr 12, 2004
  5. On 12 Apr 2004 19:58:07 GMT, iespam (KING B MAN)
    wrote:

    >What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    Probably the original Ju-On. And I do not mean "Ju-On the grudge" as
    that is really part 3 in the series, I also have that one and so do a
    lot of other people.

    I really want to see Ju-On.... but it's in Japanese with Chinese subs
    only. That's what I get for asking people to bring me DVDs from China.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Apr 12, 2004
  6. KING B MAN

    Justin Guest

    KING B MAN wrote on [12 Apr 2004 19:58:07 GMT]:
    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    Hmmm, maybe the first two discs of the TV series Monkey

    Justin, Apr 12, 2004
  7. iespam (KING B MAN) writes:

    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    Americas Atom Bomb Tests

    Thomas Tornblom, Apr 12, 2004
  8. KING B MAN wrote:

    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
    > MIne would be a toss-up between
    > The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
    > before Image bought them out
    >
    > and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
    > Yours?
    > Mike
    > Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
    > And now an act of shameless promotion.
    > Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
    > http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

    Toughie. Probably Andrei Rublev. Maybe The Cars The Ate Paris, or one
    of my silents.

    --
    "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!"
    --Hilary Clinton

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Apr 12, 2004
  9. KING B MAN

    KING B MAN Guest

    Oh Christ! Cars That Ate Paris is on DVD?
    Which label? Any extras?
    Should I get rid of my Cut (Cars That Eat People) or uncut Columbia VHS version
    for this DVD?
    Mike- who actually liked the film.

    KING B MAN, Apr 12, 2004
  10. KING B MAN

    madkevin Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > KING B MAN wrote on [12 Apr 2004 19:58:07 GMT]:
    > > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    > Hmmm, maybe the first two discs of the TV series Monkey

    Awesome. Best series ever.

    Kevin "Tenacious" Cogliano

    madkevin, Apr 13, 2004
  11. KING B MAN

    madkevin Guest

    "KING B MAN" <> wrote in message
    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    "The Gospel Of Philip K. Dick", a very very bad documentary that centres on the
    not-surprisingly insane life of Dick.

    "Knightriders" - George Romero's retelling of Arthurian legend, with
    motorcycles. Not really obscure, but not super well known by any stretch.

    Butthole Surfers "Third Eye Blind", a DVD transfer of a fanclub-only mid-eightes
    Butthole "concert", to use the term loosely. Absolute genius.

    Kevin "Cabin Boy" Cogliano

    madkevin, Apr 13, 2004
  12. KING B MAN

    Wild Coyote Guest

    wrote:

    >What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
    >MIne would be a toss-up between
    >The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
    >before Image bought them out
    >
    >and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
    >Yours?
    >Mike
    >Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
    >And now an act of shameless promotion.
    >Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
    >http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

    The Hang Up.

    --
    "This business sucks." C.J., CPA

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Apr 13, 2004
  13. KING B MAN

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Apr 13, 2004
  14. KING B MAN

    Stan Brown Guest

    "madkevin" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >"Knightriders" - George Romero's retelling of Arthurian legend, with
    >motorcycles. Not really obscure, but not super well known by any stretch.

    Funny -- I listed this one as my runner up.

    It should be nominated for most unjustly overlooked film of 1981. Ed
    Harris's performance was awfully good, and the premise of the movie
    was fresh and original.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Apr 13, 2004
  15. KING B MAN

    Robotman Guest

    "KING B MAN" <> wrote in message
    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
    > MIne would be a toss-up between
    > The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY

    ENTERTAINMENT
    > before Image bought them out
    >
    > and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
    > Yours?
    > Mike
    > Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
    > And now an act of shameless promotion.
    > Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
    > http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

    Death Race 2000 - classic crap for 5 bucks from dick smith

    Robotman, Apr 13, 2004
  16. KING B MAN wrote:

    > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
    > MIne would be a toss-up between
    > The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
    > before Image bought them out
    >
    > and a rare Australian film called Resistance.
    > Yours?
    > Mike
    > Order your copy of the Monster Club DVD today.
    > And now an act of shameless promotion.
    > Check my website on the best and the worst of British films for sale.
    > http://hometown.aol.com/kingbman/myhomepage/intro.html

    Out of my pressed DVD's, Pearl Jam - Live at the Showbox, released
    through their fan club.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Apr 13, 2004
  17. KING B MAN

    jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    >What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?
    >MIne would be a toss-up between
    >The Aphyx-uncut. widescreen, excellent print quality from ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT
    >before Image bought them out
    >
    >and a rare Australian film called Resistance.

    Ack! Are you referring to http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0105237/ ??

    Where did you get it?

    >Yours?

    Oh, Lord, I've no idea. I've got numerous OOP releases, though none of
    the really notable ones -- except for the earlier Criterion OOPs, or
    some of the HBO edition Goldwyn titles, or Image OOP Universal titles.

    Excluding non-R1 titles, oh, let's say the first edition of BMW's THE
    HIRE (the edition that included the Wong Kar-Wai film. Or perhaps the
    original Polygram editions of the first three SHORT CINEMA JOURNAL
    collections, including one in a Superjewel case. Or another collection
    from the same folks, called THE YOUNG CINEMATOGRAPHER. Or the two (of
    six) FILM-FEST titles.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Apr 13, 2004
  18. KING B MAN

    jayembee Guest

    jayembee, Apr 13, 2004
  19. KING B MAN

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > "KING B MAN" <> wrote in message
    > > What is the most obscure DVD in your collection?

    > Probably "Divorcing Jack" or "Ginger Snaps".
    >
    > Mike

    LOL! They just shot the two follow-ups to Ginger Snaps in Edmonton, where I
    live, so everyone and their dog has the original disc here. An obscure title
    in the rest of the world, though well worth a viewing!

    Jay Stewart, Apr 13, 2004
  20. The Gate 2
    or
    Inhumanoids