    regular movie releases : 79
    tv series box sets : 3
    years since collection started: 5
    DigitalDeude, Apr 11, 2004

  2. DigitalDeude

    EvilN8 Guest

    "DigitalDeude" <> wrote in message
    news:wd5ec.6277$...
    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:

    Looks like I beat you, though I am positive my collection is nothing in
    comparison to other people's (hell, I can walk upstairs, and my dad has
    about 500 DVDs, hence why I don't need to buy every new release.) At any
    rate, but here was my count..

    Total DVDs: 122
    BOX Sets: 7
    Years Collecting: 4, only seriously in the last 2 (and I'm only 20 at the
    moment too, hah)

    Here is my List..

    General Movies / DVDs

    Backdraft
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre SE
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2-Disc Special Edition
    Rumble in the Bronx
    The Ring (US VERSION)
    The Transporter
    Falling Down
    Space Balls
    Problem Child
    Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas
    Blazing Saddles
    From Hell
    Spinal Tap
    Young Frankenstein
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Stir of Echoes
    28 Days Later
    Office Space
    Maximum Overdrive
    Schindler's List
    Raising Cain
    Sneakers
    Payback
    Scarface
    Serial Killers: The Real Life Hannibal Lecters
    American History X
    History of the World Pary I
    LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Ver.
    LOTR - Two Towers Extended Ver.
    Anger Management
    The Running Man
    Sleepers
    Pulp Fiction
    QuickFix Total Mix Work Out DVD
    Monster's Inc 2 Disc SE
    Crazy Beautiful
    Hush
    Virgin Suicides
    Romeo & Juliet
    Stigmata
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Cruel Intentions
    Say Anything
    Ice Age 2 Disc SE
    The Others
    Identity
    Moulin Rouge 2 Disc SE
    Finding Nemo 2 Disc SE
    Edward Scissor Hands
    Big
    Willow
    Blob
    Mona Lisa Smile
    Snatch
    Super Troopers
    Critters 1
    Critters 2
    Critters 3
    Critters 4
    Terminator
    Terminator 2 Extreme DVD
    Terminator 3 2 Disc SE
    Ghoulies I / Ghoulies II
    The Gate
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Taxi Driver
    Boondock Saints
    Gremlins SE
    Gremlins 2 The New Batch
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters II
    Happy Tree Friends Vol. 1 First Blood
    Happy Tree Friends Vol. 2 Second Serving
    South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
    Bevis and Butthead Do America

    BOX SETS

    The Shield Season 1
    The Shield Season 2
    South Park Season 1
    South Park Season 2
    South Park Season 3
    Family Guy Season 1/2
    Family Guy Season 3

    MUSIC DVDs

    311 - Enlarged to Show Detail
    311 - Enlarged to Show Detail 2
    S.T.U.N - PressKit DVD
    Poison the Well - Tear From the Road DVD
    Dredg - Crickets DVD
    Darwin's Waiting Room DVD Single
    Every Time I Die - An Intimate DVD Viewing Exp.
    Poison the Well - Fall 2003 DVD
    Beauty in Darkness Vol 5 DVD
    Cradle of Filth - Heavy Left Handed and Candid
    Converge - Long Road Home
    xDoanex - Punk Rock Hardcore Filmmaking
    VH1 Storytellers - The Doors
    Opeth - Lamentations Live at Shepherd's Bush Emp.
    Eulogy - Alveran 2K3
    iCrusher 2
    Incubus Vol 2
    Jewel - A Life Uncommon
    John Mayer - Any Given Thursday
    Lamb of God - Terror and Hubris
    Monsters of Metal - Ult. Metal Comp Double DVD
    Linkin Park - Frat Party at the Pancake Fest.
    Panter - 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell
    Pain & Suffering
    Tenacious D - The Complete Master Works
    Inside TRL
    Superjoint Ritual
    Slipknot - Disasterpieces
    Slayer - War at the Warfield
    Silverchair - The Best of Vol. 1
    Sepultura - Chaos DVD
    Mudvayne - DIG DVD Single
    Mudvayne - Live in Peoria
    Hellfest 2002
    Hellfest 2000
    Dragging the Lake Video Magazine
    Facedown Records DVD Vol. 1
    Smashing Pumpkins: 1991-2000 Greatest Hits
    Smashing Pumpkins: Vieuphoria
    750 MPH
    EvilN8, Apr 11, 2004

  3. DigitalDeude

    d a v e Guest

    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:
    >

    > regular movie releases : 79
    > tv series box sets : 3
    > years since collection started: 5

    187 movies
    0 t.v. shows
    4 yrs. collecting
    d a v e, Apr 11, 2004
  4. DigitalDeude

    Scott Blair Guest

    Collecting for little over 2 years.

    171 titles.

    Scott

    Scott Blair, Apr 11, 2004
  5. DigitalDeude

    Shinner Guest

    DigitalDeude <> wrote in news:wd5ec.6277$Hj1.194590
    @twister.southeast.rr.com:

    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:

    In the 230s (not sure exact as I think I have a couple that haven't come up
    in DVD Profiler). Don't really know when I started since I didn't really
    keep track of purchases, but I'd guess it was about 3 years ago.

    5 TV Series
    Shinner, Apr 11, 2004
  6. DigitalDeude

    Mike Davis Guest

    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:
    >

    > regular movie releases : 79
    > tv series box sets : 3
    > years since collection started: 5

    DD, I have quite literally quit counting.
    I figure around 4200 single movies, although some are dual-disc
    editions. A few like Black Hawk Down are three disc, rarer still are
    four-disc flicks like Pearl Harbor. Box sets of various sizes, maybe around
    a hundred; which is not that many when you consider the X-Files is eight
    sets right there, five Buffy's, etc. I figure roughly that all told there
    are probably around five thousand plus discs. We actually have a small
    "Media Room" off the Home Theater that is just storage for the DVD's, around
    five hundred LaserDiscs, and even a few old SVHS tapes <ggg.> All the best,
    Mike
    Mike Davis, Apr 11, 2004
  7. DigitalDeude

    Crow T Robot Guest

    regular movie releases : 300+

    Crow T Robot, Apr 11, 2004
  8. DigitalDeude wrote:
    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection...

    I have 1,427 releases. (More actual *discs*, obviously, what with
    multi-disc sets.)

    > ... and how long have you been collecting:

    Collecting: Six years, two months (as of tomorrow).

    *sigh*...

    doug

    --
    "...and they said, 'work hard, and die suddenly, 'cos it's fun'..."
    --Robyn Hitchcock
    Douglas Bailey, Apr 11, 2004
  9. DigitalDeude

    Rich Jackson Guest

    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:
    >
    > Snip....

    Regular movie releases : 305
    TV series box sets : 0
    Years since collection started : 3

    RJ
    Rich Jackson, Apr 12, 2004
  10. DigitalDeude

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 06:04:12 GMT, DigitalDeude <>
    wrote:

    >This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    >how long have you been collecting:
    >

    >regular movie releases : 79
    >tv series box sets : 3
    >years since collection started: 5

    1791 DVDs

    239 of those are TV shows.

    If I knew how to get DVD Profiler to filter Box Sets, I could tell you
    those.

    I have been collecting 2 years and 4 months.

    --
    "This business sucks." C.J., CPA

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Apr 12, 2004
  11. DigitalDeude

    DigitalDeude Guest

    Mike Davis wrote:
    > "DigitalDeude" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    >>how long have you been collecting:
    >>

    >>regular movie releases : 79
    >>tv series box sets : 3
    >>years since collection started: 5
    >>

    > DD, I have quite literally quit counting.
    > I figure around 4200 single movies, although some are dual-disc
    > editions. A few like Black Hawk Down are three disc, rarer still are
    > four-disc flicks like Pearl Harbor. Box sets of various sizes, maybe around
    > a hundred; which is not that many when you consider the X-Files is eight
    > sets right there, five Buffy's, etc. I figure roughly that all told there
    > are probably around five thousand plus discs. We actually have a small
    > "Media Room" off the Home Theater that is just storage for the DVD's, around
    > five hundred LaserDiscs, and even a few old SVHS tapes <ggg.> All the best,
    > Mike

    WOW!
    DigitalDeude, Apr 12, 2004
  12. DigitalDeude

    cal Guest

    "Scott Blair" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Collecting for little over 2 years.
    >
    > 171 titles.
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > "DigitalDeude" <> wrote in message
    > > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > > how long have you been collecting:
    > >

    > > regular movie releases : 79
    > > tv series box sets : 3
    > > years since collection started: 5

    Mine is hovering around 300... if you want a break-down, I'll have to
    look into it. I know I have them all listed on my 'puter somewhere!

    Been collecting since the very first DVDs appeared, around 1997, I
    think.

    cal
    cal, Apr 12, 2004
  13. DigitalDeude

    Galley Guest

    Galley, Apr 12, 2004
  14. DigitalDeude

    Kevin Scholl Guest

    "DigitalDeude" <> wrote

    >This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    >how long have you been collecting:
    >

    >regular movie releases : 79
    >tv series box sets : 3
    >years since collection started: 5

    regular movie releases : 452
    tv series box sets : 19
    years since collection started : not quite 5

    Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/

    Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
    the dreams...
    Kevin Scholl, Apr 12, 2004
  15. A bit over 600 and nine tv seasons. I've been collecting for about two years.
    Thursdaynighters, Apr 12, 2004
  16. DigitalDeude

    jayembee Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote:

    >DigitalDeude wrote:
    >> This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection...

    >I have 1,427 releases. (More actual *discs*, obviously, what with
    >multi-disc sets.)
    >
    >> ... and how long have you been collecting:

    >Collecting: Six years, two months (as of tomorrow).

    I haven't counted lately, but I'm somewhere in the same ballpark.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 12, 2004
  17. >187 movies
    >0 t.v. shows
    >4 yrs. collecting

    About 70 movies
    1 TV show (Dune)
    6 years collectingg.
    MarkZimmerman, Apr 12, 2004
  18. >WOW!

    I think the first DVD I ever got was Blade Runner.
    MarkZimmerman, Apr 12, 2004
  19. DigitalDeude

    Ron Guest

    > This should be fun. How many DVD's do you have in your collection and
    > how long have you been collecting:
    >

    > regular movie releases : 79
    > tv series box sets : 3
    > years since collection started: 5

    Don't remember the year but my first DVD player cost $250.00 and
    the first DVD I bought was The Matrix for $11.99. Since then I've
    pretty much lost count.

    Heres what I can remember
    Approx movie 1800 releases.
    FYI: My dad has about 3000 movie releases
    I just helped him build a separate room for all
    his movies - you could call it a library. I'll be doing the
    same this year. Thats a good question, where does
    everyone keep their DVDs? I keep the kids DVDs
    near the TV (approx 600). The rest are kept upstairs
    and in my office.

    As for TV
    4 B5s, I get the fifth sometime this week.
    TOS - all
    TNG - all
    DS9 - all.
    1 voyager - I might as well complete the collection.
    Dilbert
    Flintstones
    Scooby Doo
    In living color
    South Park 1,2,3
    Smallville 1
    Futurama 1,2,3
    Family guy 1,2 - more on the way!
    Spider-man - season 1 - please make more.
    Thunderbirds - all
    X-Men Evolution - all that are out. I think its 6 DVDs.
    SciFi Channel Dune and Children of dune
    All the walking with Dinos stuff
    And the list goes on......

    Heres what I'm waiting for:
    Get Smart
    Sealab 2021
    Space Above and Beyond
    60's Batman
    60's Spiderman
    Seinfeld
    I'm sure theres alot more I'm forgetting.

    Well you get the idea. Anyone else?
    Ron, Apr 12, 2004
  20. In article <Fmyec.418719$>,
    "Ron" <> wrote:

    > Thats a good question, where does
    > everyone keep their DVDs?

    Tossed out the snappers and put them all in one of the gigantic CD
    carrying cases made by CASE LOGIC. I keep the occasional insert that has
    anything more substantial than simple chapter listing in the front
    pockets. Something like one in sixty? Maybe less.
    Reginald Dwight, Apr 12, 2004