Policy based routing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Al, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a 3550 L3 switch and I am trying to implement policy based
    routing. My setup is as follows:

    Firewall 1 -----------------Site to Site VPN
    1----------------------Firewall 1---------PC2 x.x.x.x

    PC1--------Switch
    3550

    | Firewall 2 -----------------Site to Site VPN
    2--------------------------|

    |__________ Appliance 1 y.y.y.y

    Currently, the switch sends all traffic bound for PC2 through Firewall
    1

    I want traffic from Appliance 1 going to PC2 to pass through Firewall
    2 instead.

    To do this, I went into the Switch config and added the following:

    access-list 123 permit ip y.y.y.y 0.0.0.255 x.x.x.x 0.0.0.255
    route-map test_map permit 10
    match ip address 123
    set ip next-hop 192.168.0.1 (IP of inside interface of Firewall 2)
    int vlan1
    ip policy route-map test_map

    As far as I can tell, It's set up according to examples in Cisco
    documentation, but doesn't work. Can anyone see something I missed?
    Thanks.

    Al
    Al, Apr 30, 2008