    Hi,

    we are thinking about offloading bulk traffic like FTP from our WAN by utilizing IPSec tunnels through the Internet. The idea is to implement policy based routing on the WAN routers and redirect then the bulk traffic to a router in the DMZ of our Firewall environment. This box will then have a tunnel to the destination. However, I'm unsure what happens if the tunnel would not be available. As policy based routing take place before the normal routing table is examined, I'm worried about that packets will be simply forwarded to the tunnel router and then dropped if the tunnel is down. Is there a way to avoid this ? Can policy based routing be done with considering the status of a tunnel ?

    TSN

    tsn, Oct 5, 2006

  2. tsn

    swapnendu

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    Messages:
    57
    Buddy u need to use a combination of router map and SAA (RTR comamnds) ..

    BTW wht ver of IOS u r using ?

    it wud look something like this; i'm using 1.1.1.1 as the ip address of ur tunnel destination ------

    rtr 1
    type echo protocol ipicmpecho 1.1.1.1
    rtr schedule 1 start-time now life forever

    track 123 rtr 1 reachability

    route-map xyz
    match ip address ACL_name
    set ip next-hop verify-availability 1.1.1.1 10 track 123

    le me knw if it helps....

    swapnendu, Oct 6, 2006