policy based routing for multiple tracking options question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by simon watson, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. simon watson

    simon watson Guest

    Hi Guys

    I have the following scenario

    corporate router(B)-----(A)central router(B)-----(A)ADSL
    Router(B)----INTERNET
    PC's
    I have a range of PC's whose default gateway is the IP address of central
    router's B interface and internet traffic from the PC's are routed to the
    internet via ADSL router in normal operation (ADSL router is not a Cisco,
    central router is a Cisco 1811). I would like a option that if the ADSL link
    is down that internet traffic would be automatically re-routed via the
    corporate router(cisco 2600).(Routing between central router & adsl router &
    ISP is static only)
    When ADSL is down normally you are not able to see the WAN ip address (ip
    address of interface B on ADSL router). Reading PBR with multiple tracking I
    was wonderingif I configured central router with PBR to set a ping to ADSL
    router(B) ip address that in the event of the link failing central router
    would re-route to corporate router.

    Your thoughts please

    Thanks
    Simon

    PS ip address of central router B and ADSL router A is on same subnet, as is
    central Router A and corporate router B interfaces.

    simon watson, Apr 10, 2006