Policing from ATM hub to spokes over MPLS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bob@bfisk.demon.co.uk, May 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have hub site with an E3 ATM connection with a 4Mb PVC to a MPLS
    network which feeds two Frame Relay 2Mb spoke sites. I want to police
    the traffic to each spoke so that I don't exceed any of the three
    classes of traffic configured for each spoke site, ie splits it half
    and half.

    At present I have my three classes of traffic voice (llq), important
    data and default. These are applied to the ATM PVC subinterface with a
    service policy and work fine. Obviously the issue is that the traffic
    is shaped by the vbr-nrt statement....

    policy-map to-ipclear
    class cust-c1
    priority 1000
    police cir 1000000
    conform-action set-prec-transmit 4
    exceed-action drop
    class cust-c2
    police cir 96000
    conform-action set-prec-transmit 6
    exceed-action set-prec-transmit 6
    class class-default
    fair-queue
    police cir 3000000
    conform-action set-prec-transmit 5
    exceed-action set-prec-transmit 5
    !
    interface ATM1/0
    bandwidth 34000
    no ip address
    ip mtu 1500
    no ip mroute-cache
    atm ilmi-keepalive
    !
    interface ATM1/0.101 point-to-point
    bandwidth 4096
    ip unnumbered Loopback1
    no ip mroute-cache
    pvc siteA 1/32
    vbr-nrt 4096 4096
    service-policy output to-ipclear

    Now, if I try to include parent and child policy maps so that I police
    (by subnet) the classes of traffic so that we have say 500K voice, 40K
    important data and 1.5Mb default to each spoke, applying the policy to
    the subinterface results in :- CBWFQ:Hierachy supported only if shaping
    is configured.....

    I can't shape on the subinterface or on the main interface as I then
    get the error GTS:not supported.
    So, this all looks a bit catch 22!!

    Looking on CCO, there are many examples for doing this on Ethernet
    interfaces but not ATM and not over MPLS with a single PVC.
    I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here but if anyone has a
    working config they could share it would be much appreciated.

    Cheers
    Bob
    , May 16, 2005