    4 & 5 are in fullscreen.

    Is this fullscreen Pan & Scan or what?
    Exactly what trasnfer are these 2 movies in?

    Jonathan Wilson, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Jonathan Wilson

    Aphelion Guest

    > Is this fullscreen Pan & Scan or what?
    > Exactly what trasnfer are these 2 movies in?

    The movies are supposed to be in the same widescreen aspect ratio as the
    other films. I remember reading something when the box set hit about WB not
    being able to find the widescreen masters for 4 & 5. It sucks. I also
    think it's tragic if the WS masters are lost for all time, I don't care if
    it's for a couple of Police Academy flicks or not... they're still part of
    film history.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Nov 10, 2005

  3. I wasnt sure if the 4 & 5 DVDs were in 4:3 Pan & Scan or if they were shot
    in 4:3 with the intention that a black mask (dont know the technical term
    for it) was to be used on the projector when it was projected and that they
    didnt use it when they digitized it to DVD.

    Jonathan Wilson, Nov 10, 2005