    sends / does not send CLI?

    And do VoIP providers honour the fixed 15p call charge?

    Owain
    Owain, Mar 30, 2013

  2. Owain

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT), Owain
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how the Police 101 service handles calls from VoIP
    >lines when the line has / has not an associated 'emergency' address or
    >sends / does not send CLI?
    >
    >And do VoIP providers honour the fixed 15p call charge?
    >
    >Owain

    I know of none that natively recognise 101 although in my case it
    would be trivial to modify my dial-plan to translate 101 to
    +441618725050 (Greater Manchester Police).

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Apr 1, 2013

  3. Owain

    Owain Guest

    On Apr 1, 3:55 pm, Graham. wrote:
    > I know of none that natively recognise 101

    That's reassuring - not.

    Owain
    Owain, Apr 1, 2013
  4. Owain

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:46:47 -0700, Owain wrote:

    > On Apr 1, 3:55 pm, Graham. wrote:
    >> I know of none that natively recognise 101

    > That's reassuring - not.

    I have my Asterisk box set up so that calls to 101, etc. get routed to
    the real PSTN line (which is needed for the ADSL).

    Bob Eager, Apr 1, 2013
  5. On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:54:39 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    <> wrote:

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT), Owain
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know how the Police 101 service handles calls from VoIP
    >>> lines when the line has / has not an associated 'emergency' address or
    >>> sends / does not send CLI?
    >>>
    >>> And do VoIP providers honour the fixed 15p call charge?
    >>>
    >>> Owain

    >> I know of none that natively recognise 101 although in my case it
    >> would be trivial to modify my dial-plan to translate 101 to
    >> +441618725050 (Greater Manchester Police).

    > Is that definitely where it goes in GMP?

    "What will happen to the old police non-emergency number?

    Although 101 replaces the old GMP non-emergency number (0161 872 5050), it
    will continue to function."

    http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/section.html?readform&s=F866579527555F2D8025796100426219
    Anthony R. Gold, Apr 2, 2013
  6. Owain

    DrTeeth Guest

    On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 15:36:10 +0100, just as I was about to take a
    herb, "Anthony R. Gold" <> disturbed my reverie
    and wrote:

    >Although 101 replaces the old GMP non-emergency number (0161 872 5050), it
    >will continue to function.

    Then it does not *replace* it.
    --

    Cheers

    DrT
    We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
    our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
    to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
    DrTeeth, Apr 6, 2013