    --

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Citizen Bob, Sep 15, 2007

  2. Citizen Bob

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Citizen Bob <> wrote:
    >How do I enable stereo audio for TV originating in the unit - that is,
    >using the built in TV tuner?
    >
    >The unit will play stereo audio if the source is anything other than
    >the internal TV tuner.

    Many low-end Chinese designed DVD recorders with analog tuners do not
    receive MTS stereo. You can't "enable" what the hardware does not support.
    Mike S., Sep 15, 2007

  3. Citizen Bob

    Citizen Bob Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:51:56 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    wrote:

    >>How do I enable stereo audio for TV originating in the unit - that is,
    >>using the built in TV tuner?

    >>The unit will play stereo audio if the source is anything other than
    >>the internal TV tuner.

    >Many low-end Chinese designed DVD recorders with analog tuners do not
    >receive MTS stereo. You can't "enable" what the hardware does not support.

    What kind of idiot would dare sell a mono tuner into the US market.
    That would be the kiss of death.

    Oh, let me guess - the idiot was some poor ChiCom slave one step from
    being an organ donor.

    Citizen Bob, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Citizen Bob

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >How do I enable stereo audio for TV originating in the unit - that is,
    >using the built in TV tuner?
    >
    >The unit will play stereo audio if the source is anything other than
    >the internal TV tuner.

    I think the Polaroid, like the older Liteon units only had an internal mono
    tuner. This is due to the cipset that was used originating as a European tuner
    design, and MTS audio was an afterthought.
    GMAN, Sep 16, 2007
  5. Citizen Bob

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:51:56 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>>How do I enable stereo audio for TV originating in the unit - that is,
    >>>using the built in TV tuner?

    >>>The unit will play stereo audio if the source is anything other than
    >>>the internal TV tuner.

    >>Many low-end Chinese designed DVD recorders with analog tuners do not
    >>receive MTS stereo. You can't "enable" what the hardware does not support.

    >What kind of idiot would dare sell a mono tuner into the US market.
    >That would be the kiss of death.

    Some VCR and DVD Recorder units now dont even have tuners in them. Walmart
    much?

    GMAN, Sep 16, 2007