    carry around for random shots
    Thanks
    R.
    rdkng97, Nov 23, 2006

  2. rdkng97

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    rdkng97 wrote:
    > I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
    > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
    > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
    > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
    > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
    > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
    > carry around for random shots
    > Thanks
    > R.

    Hi...

    Can't possibly know that without knowing what kind of compression
    level (or choices of level) that it offers. And to a much lesser
    extent, what kind of pics you'll be taking.

    However, if you like you can download the manuals here, and perhaps
    that will be of a little help.

    http://www.polaroid-digital.com/

    Take care.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Nov 23, 2006

  3. rdkng97

    Roy G Guest

    "rdkng97" <> wrote in message
    >I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
    > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
    > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
    > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
    > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
    > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
    > carry around for random shots
    > Thanks
    > R.

    At the most 2 or 3.

    These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
    in store.

    Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or 1024
    card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Nov 23, 2006
  4. rdkng97

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <Wgl9h.53205$>, Roy G
    <> wrote:

    > "rdkng97" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
    > > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
    > > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
    > > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
    > > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
    > > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
    > > carry around for random shots
    > > Thanks
    > > R.
    > >

    > At the most 2 or 3.
    >
    > These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
    > in store.
    >
    > Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or 1024
    > card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.
    >
    > Roy G

    Max memory on that camera IS a ridiculously low 512.
    Ken Lucke, Nov 23, 2006
  5. rdkng97

    Roy G Guest

    "Ken Lucke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Wgl9h.53205$>, Roy G
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "rdkng97" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
    >> > thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
    >> > at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
    >> > 16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
    >> > pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
    >> > this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
    >> > carry around for random shots
    >> > Thanks
    >> > R.
    >> >

    >> At the most 2 or 3.
    >>
    >> These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the
    >> camera
    >> in store.
    >>
    >> Memory cards are cheap, very cheap, so go out and buy yourself a 512 or
    >> 1024
    >> card. Second thoughts don't bother with the 512.
    >>
    >> Roy G

    > Max memory on that camera IS a ridiculously low 512.

    Heavens to Mutrgatroyd!!

    Don't tell me they actually expect people to buy it, if it is that limited.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Nov 24, 2006
  6. rdkng97

    Matt Ion Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "rdkng97" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a great Olympus camera but it is a little bit large. I am
    >>thinking about buying a Polaroid 5.1 camera to carry in my shirt pocket
    >>at times. It lists the only resolution pic as 2608X1952 with a built in
    >>16 meg SD card.(I can buy a higher capicity card) It makes JPEG format
    >>pics. Question? At this high resolution, app. how many JPEG pics will
    >>this camera take with just the internal 16 mg card? Just want it to
    >>carry around for random shots
    >>Thanks
    >>R.
    >>

    > At the most 2 or 3.

    Uncompressed, sure. At its highest-JPEG-quality setting, my 6.3MP 300D produces
    JPGs averaging 2 to 3 MB... I wouldn't expect the Polaroid's files would
    typically be more than 1.5-2MB, meaning you'd get probably 8-10 files on the
    internal memory.

    > These ridiculously small cards are really only for demonstrating the camera
    > in store.

    Yup.
    Matt Ion, Nov 24, 2006