    --
    Ben Thomas
    Kodak DX6490 - 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom.
    Ben Thomas, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Ben Thomas

    Rudy Garcia Guest

    In article <spl6qb.n8r.ln@192.168.11.2>,
    Ben Thomas <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is it possible to fit a polarising filter to a Kodak DX6490?
    >
    > The lens isn't threaded, so I was wondering if I can get some sort of adapter
    > suit my camera. Anyone know?
    > --
    > Ben Thomas
    > Kodak DX6490 - 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom.

    There was a recent post from a Kodak employee, advising that Kodak will
    be coming out with a filter adapter sometime next year.

    --
    Rudy Garcia
    Rudy Garcia, Nov 28, 2003

  3. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Rudy Garcia wrote:

    > There was a recent post from a Kodak employee, advising that Kodak will
    > be coming out with a filter adapter sometime next year.

    Thanks for the info.

    Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
    Melbourne, Australia

    relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
    shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
    Ben Thomas, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Ben Thomas

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Rudy,

    Yes, that was me. What they are offering is an adapter so you can use
    accessory features. Soon as more information is available on it, I will
    share directly. Talk toyou soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Ben Thomas

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Ben,

    An adapter is coming in the near future. Watch the Kodak website for
    details on release etc. If you have questions, let me know and I will help.
    I do not have particulars just yet but when I do I will share with you.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is it possible to fit a polarising filter to a Kodak DX6490?
    >
    > The lens isn't threaded, so I was wondering if I can get some sort of

    adapter to

    Ron Baird, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Ben Thomas

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > Hi Ben,
    >
    > An adapter is coming in the near future. Watch the Kodak website for
    > details on release etc. If you have questions, let me know and I will help.
    > I do not have particulars just yet but when I do I will share with you.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    Thanks Ron.

    I don't know whether you can influence design decisions regarding future Kodak
    digital cameras, but as a DX6490 owner theres a couple of features I would like
    to see instead of others that my camera has.

    In order of importance to me:
    threaded lens (to attach a wide-angle lens or filters);
    manual focus;
    "hot shoe" for external flash;
    optical view-finder (not DSLR style).

    Features that seem pointless to me: