    $60cnd is just too much for a wall-wart. ;-)
    thanks Jim
    , Mar 7, 2006

  2. Dave Cohen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone tell me the polarity of the camera jack on the ACK800 ac
    > power kit. Is the center terminal positive or negative? I want to
    > build my own supply.
    > $60cnd is just too much for a wall-wart. ;-)
    > thanks Jim

    Centre positive - Radio Shack sell suitable unit for far less for those who
    insist they need these things.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Mar 7, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hey. Thanks a lot Dave. I searched the web/newsgroups for a couple of
    hours yesterday for this info with no luck, so your response is much
    appreciated. I want external power so I can shoot time-lapse sequences
    for more than the 7-8 hours I can get from NiMh batteries.
    ....Jim

    On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:54:00 GMT, "Dave Cohen" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me the polarity of the camera jack on the ACK800 ac
    >> power kit. Is the center terminal positive or negative? I want to
    >> build my own supply.
    >> $60cnd is just too much for a wall-wart. ;-)
    >> thanks Jim

    >Centre positive - Radio Shack sell suitable unit for far less for those who
    >insist they need these things.
    >Dave Cohen

    , Mar 7, 2006
  4. Dave Cohen Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hey. Thanks a lot Dave. I searched the web/newsgroups for a couple of
    > hours yesterday for this info with no luck, so your response is much
    > appreciated. I want external power so I can shoot time-lapse sequences
    > for more than the 7-8 hours I can get from NiMh batteries.
    > ...Jim
    >
    > On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:54:00 GMT, "Dave Cohen" <> wrote:
    >

    >><> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone tell me the polarity of the camera jack on the ACK800 ac
    >>> power kit. Is the center terminal positive or negative? I want to
    >>> build my own supply.
    >>> $60cnd is just too much for a wall-wart. ;-)
    >>> thanks Jim

    >>Centre positive - Radio Shack sell suitable unit for far less for those
    >>who
    >>insist they need these things.
    >>Dave Cohen

    Ah, that's what I would call a good reason. When you pick up the unit, take
    camera and play with zoom in shoot mode to make sure the current output is
    adequate.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Mar 7, 2006